Accounting Assistant (6-Month Contract)
About GaN Systems
GaN Systems is a global leader in GaN power semiconductors with a broad portfolio of transistors that addresses the needs of today’s most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors and consumer electronics.
As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems enables the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. The company’s award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday’s silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems is enabling companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world. For more information, please visit: www.gansystems.com
We are looking for a hard-working individual to join our accounting and administration team. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day accounting needs as well as performing a range of clerical, and administrative support functions at GaN Systems. This is a full-time, 6-month contract position and will work from our office in Kanata.
- Review, code and enter invoices for approval, G/L coding, and compliance with corporate policies.
- Communicate with vendors and internal departments to collect invoices and approvals.
- Review and code expense claims for various divisions of the organization.
- Assist on preparation monthly VAT filings.
- Perform monthly close duties: accruals and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with interim & year-end Audit.
- Complying with sensitive document control and electronic filing procedures.
- Performing other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- One-year bookkeeping experience
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Data Entry Skills
- Competency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing tasks as needed
- Highly dependable, reliable , efficient and detail-oriented
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
GaN Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.