Systems Engineer - Automotive
About GaN Systems:
GaN Systems is the global leader in GaN power semiconductors with the largest portfolio of transistors that uniquely address the needs of today’s most demanding industries including data center servers, renewable energy systems, automotive, industrial motors and consumer electronics.
As a market-leading innovator, GaN Systems makes possible the design of smaller, lower cost, more efficient power systems. The company’s award-winning products provide system design opportunities free from the limitations of yesterday’s silicon. By changing the rules of transistor performance, GaN Systems is enabling power conversion companies to revolutionize their industries and transform the world. For more information, please visit: www.gansystems.com
GaN Systems Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and creative Systems Engineer with broad knowledge and experience to perform product definition and product development on Gallium Nitride (GaN) power product for automotive applications. Candidates should be able to work individually as well as work as a team under pressure to create competitive and innovative GaN product.
- Work with a diverse team internally and externally to define state-of-the-art GaN products for automotive and other high-power applications
- Take ownership and drive the product development through the whole cycle from concept, and product evaluation to go-to-marketing and customer support activities.
- Define product roadmap based on market trends and customer requirements
- Focus on technical innovations for GaN application in Automotive systems, and find unique value proposition for GaN products in the target applications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in GaN power switch, its applications, and its value proposition in power supply systems.
- Experience in semiconductor product definition and/or applications engineering.
- Deep knowledge of various types of switching mode power supply topologies and controls, such as AC/DC and DC/DC converter, PWM and resonant converter.
- Product experience with automotive power supplies, such as On-board charger, traction inverter and DC/DC converter.
- Proficient in using simulation and mathematical software to perform power supply circuit simulation and device loss calculation.
- Able to collaborate with cross-functional teams in the organization from program management to IC design, marketing, FAE’s and sales to ensure companies success
- Can effectively multi-task, manage priorities and solve technical problems independently.
- Self-motivated, self-learning, and a good team player
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- MSEE or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, preferred with working experience in power supply or semiconductor industries.
- Experience in semiconductor design process, packaging and qualifications is a plus.
- Experience with high frequency magnetic component design (inductors and transformers) for switching mode power supply.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
GaN Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.