Full Stack Engineer
Gadget is making development fun again. We’re building a best-in-class tool for developers to build, deploy, and scale backend applications wildly fast. There’s too much accidental complexity in software development, which means too much time is spent on boring, repetitive, or wasteful tasks. Our mission is to give devs that time back so they can use it to solve real world problems instead .
To do this, we need amazing teammates. We're hiring truly incredible people and surrounding them with the right tools, processes, and culture to build, thrive and grow.
Our product is different. We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer who has a bit of experience, is eager to learn, and is drawn to complicated, technical challenges. We also need to be able to rely on each other as we grow this company together.
- Be an early member of the Gadget team, which means lots of opportunity for helping define the vision and direction of the product
- Primarily work with React, Node.js, TypeScript and PostgreSQL
- Be involved in the development of many core primitives as well as high level features to build out the platform
- Report directly to the founders
- Work with and learn from a team of talented engineers who make developer experience their first priority
- Frequently give and accept meaningful feedback
- Own solutions from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Uphold Gadget’s high standards for engineering and product quality
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a few years of software development experience
- Already knows or wants to learn deep skills across the entire stack
- Takes delight in crafting ergonomic abstractions that can scale to meet the needs of most developers
- Wants to work with people who encourage you to do your best work and are invested in your growth and development
- Takes pride in working on projects from ideation to delivery, and enjoy seeing your products being used by customers
- Thrives in an evolving, collaborative environment that values impact over output
We're excited to meet you!
This role is located on-site in Ottawa, Ontario.
At Gadget, we value diversity and equity in everything we do. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, and/or people with intersectional identities. We believe that different perspectives make us better, so please consider applying even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description. Gadget is committed to fostering an inclusive environment for everyone on our team, and we are happy to discuss any accommodations you may need throughout the hiring process.