Credit and Underwriting Associate / Manager
Are you keenly interested in supporting the development of a technology-driven credit team? Are you experienced in leveraging data and technology to manage and reduce credit risks? Do you have a discerning eye for details and compliance? Do you enjoy being part of a team that is making a real difference to the success of small businesses? If so, read on.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Manage escalations and proactively address credit and compliance issues
- Address funding blockers and provide clear directions to other teams on credit issues
- Implement established credit underwriting processes to on-board new clients and payors
- Develop systems and policies to measure, monitor, manage and control risks, such as credit monitoring, tax compliance, and invoice verification processes
- Assess validity of relationship between client and payor by reviewing complex contracts (Commercial contract/MSA/Purchase Agreement/etc) and/or invoices
- Analyze financial data (statements, bank data, and performance) for new and existing clients
- Support the development of recovery strategies for complex deals, such as work-outs for defaulting clients, as well as assist in buyouts if need be
- Along with onboarding new clients, manage existing clients' portfolios and mitigate risk, and set up compliance monitoring to ensure analysts are following processes and procedures
- Bonus points if you have: experience with Asset-based lending to the following traditional industries (Construction, Medical staffing, Transportation, etc) as well as evolving industries (SaSS).
- Bonus points if you have: extensive factoring/invoice financing-specific experience
- Passion for our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working with a credit/underwriting team providing factoring/invoice financing, working capital, or commercial lending to small businesses in North America
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, legal, or similar
- Extensive knowledge on how to read and analyze Tax and Lien reports
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English
- You have knowledge and experience with small business organizational documents such as lien registrations, business checking account documents, and government registrations and have an eye for spotting doctored items
- You are proactive to resolve escalated client issues or credit guideline/policy gaps and maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in your work
- You are a fast learner, have strong attention to detail and can adapt easily to changes in processes and policies
- You are proficient in case management systems such as Salesforce
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
We understand that Covid has shifted the way we work. Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. For this role ideally, the candidate will be open to hybrid (1-2 days/week in office), though don't let that stop you from applying if you aren't located within commuting distance.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.