We’re looking for our next Account Executive (AE). As an AE at FundThrough, you will be pivotal in driving revenue growth and providing an exceptional client experience. Your primary focus will be to nurture and guide inbound leads through our sales process, building a strong relationship with the prospects through a consultative sale, and setting them up for success and long-term growth with FundThrough. You’ll have the opportunity to show off your communication and sales skills as you learn more about your clients’ business, and their working capital pain points, and get them set up with their financing solution. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and contribute to building and optimizing the sales function as we go through our next phase of growth!
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Inbound Lead Management: Respond to incoming inquiries from inbound leads, make sure there’s a good mutual fit, and help them move through the sales process.
- Sales Execution: Understand the client’s unique needs, addressing their pain points through a consultative sales process to help them understand the value of the FundThrough invoice factoring offering.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work with internal teams such as credit and risk to be your client’s champion as you navigate your client through the underwriting process.
- Account Management: Collaborate with internal teams to onboard new clients successfully and ensure smooth transitions. Maintain regular communication with clients to provide exceptional customer service and address any concerns or issues promptly.
- Pipeline Management: Track and manage leads and opportunities using SalesForce, update records, and notes, and provide accurate sales forecasts to the management team.
- Passion for our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive
- 4+ years’ experience in sales or business development
- Passionate about supporting small businesses and their contributions to the economy
- Successful track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets either in an inbound or full-cycle sales role
- Strong attention to detail when working with sensitive client information and underwriting documentation
- A desire to help build and grow the next iteration of our sales machine
- Experience with large deal sizes (>$500k in financing/loans or >250k with SaaS type deals)
- Experience using CRM software (ex. Salesforce, Hubspot or Pipedrive)
- Prior experience working in finance - fintech, lending, payments, or banking
- Early-stage start-up experience
What will set you up for success:
- Proactiveness: We’re a small team with a lean mindset. We’re making decisions fast and need to adapt quickly to new information. You thrive with independence and a “get things done” attitude”
- Results Focused: We constantly review information, metrics, and KPIs. You should be excited by achieving numbers... and if they don’t exist, you’re telling us what they are and how to hit them
- Excellent Communication: we’re energized by the challenge of grabbing someone’s attention, relating to them, and driving professional value in every interaction. You will contribute to this energy
- Team Engagement: We like to win as a team. Consistently share your experience and learnings with the rest of the team to help drive improvement and growth
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
We understand that Covid has shifted the way we work. Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. For this role ideally, the candidate will be open to hybrid (1-2 days/week in office), though don't let that stop you from applying if you aren't located within commuting distance.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.