Senior HR Generalist / HR Manager
FundThrough’s success depends on attracting and cultivating great people and a strong mission driven culture. Reporting to FundThrough’s VP People Operations, you will play a key role in developing and scaling initiatives, policies and systems needed to fuel growth.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium-sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Passion for our mission of empowering small businesses to thrive.
- Post-Secondary Education in Human Resources or a related field, a CHRP / L designation is a plus.
- 4-8 years experience as an HR specialist or generalist in roles of increasing responsibility, ideally some or all of them with tech companies and bonus if it includes exposure to cross border (Canada / US) teams.
- Expertise in developing and communicating strong employee value propositions / total rewards programs.
- Desire to start as an individual contributor / domain expert within a small but mighty people operations team, with the potential to build your own team over time.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills with an ability to take concepts and express them concisely and effectively in order to persuade, influence, and build enthusiasm and commitment at all levels.
- You thrive by being in an environment where we eagerly roll-up our sleeves and celebrate resourcefulness, don’t take ourselves too seriously, understand when even the smallest details DO matter and really live that there is no “I” in team.
- Lead a data informed approach to evolving and articulating FundThrough’s Employee Value Proposition / total rewards including review of tangible and intangible benefits, ongoing evaluation of compensation for new positions and promotions, as well as an annual evaluation of existing levels and bands.
- Manage the performance review process which currently includes an initial 3 month review following hiring, as well as semi-annual reviews and annual 360s for each team member.
- Oversee full cycle administration of benefits including liaising with vendors, maintaining (stellar) records and being the first point of contact for inquiries from team members and other stakeholders.
- Optimize FundThrough’s people data ensuring it is accurate, reliable and regularly maintained by owning FundThrough’s HRIS (Bamboo), related systems and integrations, and living the GIGO approach(data outputs can only be as good as the data that is inputted).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of applicable best practices and legal standards ensuring compliance / policy requirements are met.
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
We understand that Covid has shifted the way we work. Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. For this role ideally, the candidate will be open to hybrid (1-2 days/week in office), though don't let that stop you from applying if you aren't located within commuting distance.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.