We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Marketing to lead and grow our marketing team, drive our marketing efforts with focus on our channel partnership marketing initiatives, drive growth throughout the funnel and expand our market presence.
Role Overview: As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies across all channels with a focus on supporting the acquisition and expansion of channel partnerships and supporting retention efforts to grow client utilization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Partnerships, CS and Product, to drive revenue growth and enhance our brand recognition in the market. Your expertise in channel marketing, full lifecycle marketing, and demand generation will be critical in achieving our business objectives.
About the company:
FundThrough is a leading fintech company accelerating cash flow and enabling growth for small and medium-sized businesses that sell to large customers and wait to get paid. Based in Toronto and operating across North America, FundThrough’s AI-powered invoice funding platform gives B2B businesses fast, customized funding offers to get their invoices paid in a few days – rather than a few months – and get quick access to cash they’ve already earned.
- Proven experience in channel marketing, partner enablement, and demand generation in the financial services or fintech industry.
- Deep understanding of channel partner dynamics and demonstrated success in driving revenue growth through channel partnerships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to track and measure marketing effectiveness tracking back to revenue.
- Experience in developing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns, including digital marketing, content marketing, and events.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with a track record of building and developing high-performing multi-disciplinary marketing teams.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strategic leader looking across the full funnel: As a strategic leader, you will have a comprehensive view of the entire marketing funnel. Your role will involve analyzing and optimizing each stage of the customer journey to maximize conversion rates and drive revenue growth.
- Channel marketing: Develop and execute a comprehensive channel marketing strategy aligned with overall company goals and objectives. Identify target partner segments and create tailored marketing programs to drive engagement and revenue generation. Collaborate with channel partners on co-marketing initiatives to enhance brand visibility and drive joint demand generation activities. Identify and develop co-branded content, joint webinars, and other promotional activities to generate awareness and engage target audiences.
- Performance tracking and management: Establish metrics and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities. Regularly analyze and report on performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement strategies to optimize partner engagement and revenue contribution. Monitor conversion rates across the funnel, by campaign, and by tactic. Utilize data to create compelling audience experience stories and make improvements to how integrated marketing campaigns are planned and executed.
- Demand generation, content, and community: Establish and implement multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate demand and increase lead flow through all channels (partner, digital, content, etc). Utilize digital marketing, content marketing, events, and other relevant tactics to drive non-partner and partner-generated leads. Nurture prospects through the sales funnel. Collaborate with the retention team and lifecycle marketer to strategize and manage improvements in activation and retention along the customer journey. Execute programs that push for deeper engagement with customers to increase revenue and retention.
- Full lifecycle marketing: In collaboration with the retention team and our lifecycle marketer, strategize and manage improvements in activation and retention along the customer journey, executing programs that push for deeper engagement with customers to increase revenue and retention.
- Market and Competitive Analysis: Stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify opportunities and develop strategies that differentiate our channel marketing approach. Conduct regular market research to understand partner needs, pain points, and buying behavior.
- Team Leadership: Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to team members, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented culture.
Join our dynamic team and play a pivotal role in shaping our marketing strategy. Together, we will drive growth, expand market reach, and revolutionize embedded finance. Apply now!
- Opportunity to leave your mark on a growing startup
- An incredibly diverse team of brilliant minds from all over the world
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Health benefits
- Family-friendly policies
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- A fully stocked kitchen, birthday treats, and a lunch of your choice every week (one of our values is Fun & Food!)
We understand that Covid has shifted the way we work. Our Downtown Toronto office is open and we encourage FundThrough’ers based within the GTA to use it. This role is open to being fully remote or hybrid.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, clearing a criminal record check is a condition of employment.
FundThrough encourages applications from candidates with differing abilities. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage in the selection process.