Co-op/Intern Ruby Developer (Summer 2024)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Fullscript is making optimal care easy for everyone. Through our care delivery platform, health practitioners can seamlessly design personalized health plans, provide support and education tools, and effortlessly prescribe and manage the use of healthcare's best supplements — all in one place.
Since 2011, Fullscript has enabled over 90,000 practitioners to deliver care and has helped more than 5.5 MIL patients follow a path to wellness. And we are just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
Location - Ottawa HQ, Remote - Canada
Application Deadline - 11:59 PM Feb 19, 2024
This paid Software Engineering internship opportunity is open to students who are legally eligible to work full-time hours (~40/week) in Canada. Applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary program in Computer Science/Computer Engineering (or related technical discipline). We’re looking for a self-motivated, “get it done” attitude and reliable students who enjoy collaborating with a dynamic team to craft a world-class experience.
All interns who work for Fullscript will gain valuable hands-on experience (even on day one) and the chance to learn at a fast-growing company. This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to chat with you!
What does an intern developer do here? You will:
- Focus on improving your skills in several languages and technologies, but with the main focus on Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Be involved in project breakdowns, code reviews, and have a steady stream of deploys yourself.
- Help us write code for new features, update code, and fix bugs
- Be able to choose side development projects in other areas of interest
- Above all, you will have the full workplace experience: go through our onboarding program, have 1:1s with Tech Leads, receive mentorship, get feedback, teach your teammates new things, and be viewed as any other full-time developer.
What you bring to the team:
- Currently pursuing a degree/diploma in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a similar field
- Legally entitled to work full-time in Canada
- Previous internship/co-op experience, ideally in a team environment within a software company
- Some experience, professional or project, with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
Bonus if you’re familiar with:
- Git Version Control software
- Open Source Work
- Mac environments
- SQL databases
What's in it for you:
- We provide all our developers with a Macbook Pro during their employment.
- Get to participate in fun, engaging events: Town Halls, Hackathons, Bug Safaris, Dev Talks, and more.
- Your code ships, normally in the first week! You will make a real impact and get to see your work come to life.
- Learn from some of the best software engineers in one of Canada’s fastest growing startups
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.