Technical Program Manager, Core Payments
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Fullscript is making optimal care easy for everyone. Through our care delivery platform, health practitioners can seamlessly design personalized health plans, provide support and education tools, and effortlessly prescribe and manage the use of healthcare's best supplements — all in one place.
Since 2011, Fullscript has enabled over 90,000 practitioners to deliver care and has helped more than 5.5 MIL patients follow a path to wellness. And we are just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
We’re seeking a Technical Program Manager to work alongside our Payments team. The Payments team is responsible for everything checkout and the magic that happens when you click order now. We’re looking for an intentional, purpose-driven leader who can provide solutions to complex problems, help define the road-map for the future and organize the many stakeholders in the Payments domain.
As the Technical Program Manager at Fullscript you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project, from ensuring gathering requirements to evaluating the finished product. You will act as a bridge between the engineering team, product managers and other department stakeholders such as Product, Data, Compliance, Operations and Finance. That is why this role requires excellent communication skills, along with a strong technical background for smoother collaboration across the organization.
You will work with the other Technical Leaders, Product Leaders, and engineers to solve the problems of a quickly evolving platform that has ever-growing demand day in and day out.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a quarterly view of defined, prioritized, and scoped work.
- Provide a steady stream of incoming requests with detailed requirements and priority from external stakeholders
- Partner with the Technical Lead to develop project plans, including scope, objectives, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Execute projects according to the established plans, ensuring adherence to quality standards and deadlines.
- Identify and mitigate risks to project success and escalate issues as needed.
- Identify cross-team dependencies to incorporate them into the program planning process.
- Communicate schedules, dependencies, issues, and risks across teams and to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various departments, including engineering, product management, and quality assurance, to ensure seamless project execution.
- Facilitate communication and coordination between different teams to achieve project objectives.
- Maintaining accountability across departments, their stakeholders, and leaders to ensure the success of initiatives
- Work closely with tech leads to ensure adequate staffing for project
- Create, contribute towards, and maintain comprehensive project documentation, including technical specifications, progress reports, and other relevant documents.
- Take note of certain relevant metrics and develop reports to communicate the progress of initiatives
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders, providing updates on project progress, issues, and resolutions.
- Ensure alignment of project goals with overall business objectives.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience working with engineering teams (front and back end engineers) responsible for the health of a customer facing application
- Experience working alongside technical leaders
- Experience working with executives
- Experience with a modern technology stack
- Understand importance of designing for redundancy and scalability in critical services
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Understanding of common e-commerce checkout and fulfillment lifecycles
- You have experience developing an application deployed in a cloud environment
- You’ve worked in a continuous integration environment
- You’ve worked in e-commerce or the health-tech sector
- You’ve managed large-scale projects that span across multiple engineering teams
What we can offer you:
- Trailblaze and shape a newly forming role within a progressive technical organization
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program (of course)
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.