Staff Search Engineer
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Fullscript is making optimal care easy for everyone. Through our care delivery platform, health practitioners can seamlessly design personalized health plans, provide support and education tools, and effortlessly prescribe and manage the use of healthcare's best supplements — all in one place.
Since 2011, Fullscript has enabled over 90,000 practitioners to deliver care and has helped more than 5.5 MIL patients follow a path to wellness. And we are just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
Fullscript is written with Ruby on Rails, and our Ruby Engineers build and maintain our internal GraphQL API. They work directly with our front-end engineers to build out functionality on the Fullscript platform. On the front-end, we’re using React, TypeScript, and Apollo to create top-notch experiences for our users.
Our team cares about doing things well, and about the developer experience on the team. We host in-house training on all sorts of topics, from React all the way through to Kubernetes. Fullscript is a place where you’ll be encouraged to learn, mentor, and grow.
This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
Fullscript is currently looking for an experienced Staff Search Engineer who wants to build a platform to create rich, stable, and compelling experiences for our users. The Search Team is responsible for everything search related on the Fullscript platform. They make the search tools that help to power hundreds of thousands of prescriptions created by our healthcare professionals for their patients.
What you’ll do:
- Lead complex search projects/experiments on our e-commerce platform
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features related to search performance
- Solve performance related issues
- Participate in code reviews with peers and make recommendations on how to improve code
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Collaborate with other teams including platform engineering, core engineering, data engineering & devops.
- Mentor team members through coaching & training
What you bring to the table:
- You are a passionate software developer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, and want to produce the best work possible.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in software engineering, with a focus on search technologies
- Experience measuring search performance using various metrics and methods, including Click models and Name Entity Recognition (with SpaCy or other), and leveraging Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of ElasticSearch ranking techniques, index optimizations, and search query optimization, with the ability to implement search result personalization and recommendation systems.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages and techniques
- Understanding of design patterns, clean code, and what makes a well designed API.
- Prior work with vector search, learning-to-rank tools, judgement lists, and capturing search metrics
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
What we can offer you:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.