Co-op/Intern DevOps Engineer (Winter 2024)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
Location - Ottawa HQ, Remote - Canada
Application Deadline - 11:59 PM September 29, 2023
This paid Software Engineering internship opportunity is open to Canadian co-op students/interns or recent graduates enrolled in a degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline). The DevOps team at Fullscript is responsible for many aspects of software delivery and technical operations. We do everything from writing developer tooling, building new infrastructure, monitoring platform health and issue troubleshooting. We do our best to provide top-quality service and support to our external and internal customers. At the same time, we love exploring new technologies and seeing how we can leverage them.
Basically, we love all aspects of software - how it's written, how it runs, even how it fails.
All interns who work for Fullscript will gain valuable hands-on experience (even on day one) and the chance to learn at a fast-growing company. This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html
If you share our values, we’d be excited to chat with you!
What does a DevOps co-op do here? You will:
- Focus on improving your skills in several languages and technologies, but with the main focus on using DevOps technologies to improve the developer experience
- Be involved in project breakdowns, code reviews, and have a steady stream of deploys yourself
- Help us build a speedy code delivery pipeline from MacBook to production that is both dev friendly and enforces best practices around testing, security, data migrations and issue ownership
- Above all, you will have the full workplace experience: go through our onboarding program, have 1:1s with Tech Leads, receive mentorship, get feedback, teach your teammates new things, and be viewed as any other full-time developer
What you bring to the table
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a similar field or have recently graduated from a degree in the past 6 months
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Previous internship/co-op experience, ideally in a team environment within a software company
- Bonus points for: programming experience with Go and Ruby (on Rails).
What's in it for you:
- We provide all our developers with a Macbook Pro during their employment.
- Get to participate in fun, engaging events: Town Halls, Hackathons, Bug Safaris, Dev Talks, and more.
- Your code ships, normally in the first week! You will make a real impact and get to see your work come to life.
- Learn from some of the best software engineers in one of Canada’s fastest-growing startups
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.