Senior Ruby Engineer (Canada Remote)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
Fullscript is currently looking for experienced Senior Ruby Engineers who want to build a platform to create rich, stable, and compelling experiences for our users. Fullscript is written with Ruby on Rails, and our Ruby Engineers build and maintain our internal GraphQL API. They work directly with our front-end engineers to build out functionality on the Fullscript platform. On the front-end, we’re using React, TypeScript, and Apollo to create top-notch experiences for our users.
Our team cares about doing things well, and about the developer experience on the team. We host in-house training on all sorts of topics, from React all the way through to Kubernetes. Fullscript is a place where you’ll be encouraged to learn, mentor, and grow.
This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
On the Product Team, you will work directly with our front-end engineers to build APIs that are consumed to produce visible features for the end user on the Fullscript platform.
What you’ll do:
- Plan out solution design
- Implement business logic for the core part of our e-commerce platform
- Build and maintain integrations with external services such as Stripe and Avatax, ERP system
- Build an internal API for other teams within Fullscript
- Solve performance issues
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Code review and mentorship
What you bring to the table:
- You are a passionate software engineer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, lead projects and want to produce the best work possible.
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- You write tests and understand their value
- A desire to learn and being open to feedback
- Understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Experience mentoring or coaching junior engineers
Bonus if you have:
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
- Past experience working in e-commerce or health-tech sector
- Experience with React, or similar technology
- You’ve worked with GraphQL in the past
What we can offer you:
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
- Half (Flex) Day Fridays
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program
- Stock Options
- Custom benefits package (medical, dental, vision) with HSA
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products for family & friends
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Employee Wellness Programs (including no meeting Wednesday)
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.