Accounting & Finance
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
About this role:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager of Treasury to join our team. As the Manager of Treasury, you will play a crucial role in managing the company’s financial resources and capital structure, optimizing cash flow operations across the US and Canada and interacting with all financial stakeholders.
Reporting into the VP of Finance and Administration, you will be joining a team of passionate, relationship driven professionals who excel by prioritizing ruthlessly, testing relentlessly, celebrating rapid iteration, and supporting one another.
The Manager of Treasury is a senior-level finance position responsible for overseeing the organization's treasury operations, cash management, liquidity, risk management, and financial strategy. The role requires a strong understanding of financial markets, banking relationships, and corporate finance to ensure efficient cash flow, optimize liquidity, and mitigate financial risks.
- Responsible for credit compliance, treasury and banking strategy, FX, interest rate swaps, investment income, and risk management.
- Develop and execute cash management strategies to ensure effective cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, and optimization of working capital. Monitor cash positions, oversee cash disbursements, and manage cash pooling arrangements. Identify opportunities to enhance cash management processes and implement best practices.
- Evaluate the organization's capital structure and assess financing options to optimize the cost of capital and support the company's strategic objectives. Manage debt facilities, including borrowing, refinancing, and repayment activities. Monitor debt covenants and maintain relationships with lenders and financial institutions. Comply with requirements in the Credit Agreement and other governing documents.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify, assess, and mitigate financial risks, including interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk, credit risk, and counterparty risk. Establish risk management policies and procedures and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Monitor market trends and provide recommendations on hedging strategies to protect against adverse market conditions.
- Oversee day-to-day treasury operations, including cash positioning and forecasting, bank account management, payment processing, and reconciliation activities. Evaluate and implement treasury management systems and tools to streamline processes, enhance controls, and improve efficiency.
- Develop and execute investment strategies for excess cash and short-term investments. Evaluate investment options, analyze risks and returns, and make recommendations to optimize investment performance while adhering to risk tolerance and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with banks, financial institutions, and other external partners. Negotiate banking services, fees, and agreements. Stay abreast of banking industry trends and leverage relationships to optimize banking services, secure favorable terms, and identify new opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to treasury operations, including banking regulations, tax laws, and accounting standards. Prepare and review financial reports, treasury metrics, and compliance documentation. Provide accurate and timely reporting to senior management and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) or professional certification (e.g., CTP, CFA) is highly desirable.
- Significant experience in treasury management, cash management, and risk management, preferably for a multinational, private-equity backed business.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, banking products, and financial instruments. Familiarity with debt financing, capital markets, and investment management strategies.
- Solid understanding of treasury operations, including cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, and banking relationships.
- Proven experience in managing financial risks, including interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk, and credit risk. Familiarity with hedging strategies and derivative instruments.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and drive financial initiatives.
- A self-starter with a track record of taking ownership of initiatives and driving them to successful completion.
- Strong leadership and managerial abilities, with experience in managing and developing teams.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial concepts to both finance and non-finance stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial software applications, treasury management systems, and Microsoft Office tools. Experience with ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite) is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and interact with senior executives and external partners.
- Strong ethics and integrity, with a commitment to compliance and risk management best practices.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.