Manager, Strategic Finance
Accounting & Finance
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager of Strategic Finance to join our team. As a leader in our industry, we are committed to driving growth and maximizing financial performance through strategic financial planning and analysis. The Manager of Strategic Finance will play a pivotal role in shaping strategic initiatives, supporting new service lines, driving unprecedented growth and underpinning the long-term success of the organization.
Reporting into the head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you will be joining a team of passionate, relationship driven professionals who excel by prioritizing ruthlessly, testing relentlessly, celebrating rapid iteration and supporting one another.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in guiding our organization's financial decisions and long-term strategies. This position requires a deep understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and strategic planning. The ideal candidate should possess exceptional analytical skills, strategic thinking abilities and strong business acumen to support and drive our company's growth and financial success.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and refine the company's financial strategy, aligning it with the overall business goals. Provide expert financial recommendations to guide decision-making and optimize resource allocation.
- Research and monitor market trends, economic factors, and industry developments to identify business opportunities, anticipate potential challenges and adapt financial strategies accordingly.
- Collaborate with the Chief Financial and Strategy Officer to evaluate M&A and investment opportunities. Conduct financial due diligence, assess the financial impact of potential transactions, and participate in negotiations and deal structuring.
- Lead business planning for new initiatives, service lines, and products. Develop financial models from initial concept through market launch, support scenario planning for various pricing and economic models and work with business leaders to develop key financial indicators and measures for success. Responsible for tracking progress and providing decision support for leadership.
- Manage long-range planning for the business to ensure long term profitable growth and free cash flow generation. Support capital allocation decisions and transactions to optimize capital structure including recapitalizations, debt refinancing, etc.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting comprehensive financial reports and analyses to the executive team. Clearly communicate complex financial concepts and insights to non-financial stakeholders, facilitating informed decision-making across the organization.
- Ensure the team's work is aligned with strategic goals, and establish efficient processes and controls to maintain accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field (MBA or other advanced degree preferred)
- Proven experience (3+ years) in investment banking, private equity, strategic finance, mergers and acquisitions or valuation
- Expert understanding of financial principles, budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and conducting financial due diligence
- Strategic thinker with the ability to contribute to long-term business strategies
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights
- Advanced proficiency in financial software, spreadsheets, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey financial information to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of managing and developing high-performing teams
Perks & Benefits
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.