Director, Corporate Strategy
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
About the role:
As the Director of Corporate Strategy, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the development and execution of the company's strategic initiatives and long-term plans. Your role will involve working closely with executive leadership, department heads, and cross-functional teams to define the organization's strategic direction and ensure its alignment with the company's mission, vision, and goals.
Reporting into the Chief Financial & Strategy Officer, you will be joining a team of passionate, relationship driven professionals who excel by prioritizing ruthlessly, testing relentlessly, celebrating rapid iteration, and supporting one another.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Evaluate potential M&A opportunities that align with the company's strategic objectives. Conduct due diligence, financial analysis, and risk assessments. Lead integration efforts post-acquisition to maximize synergies and drive growth.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough research and analysis of the healthcare industry, including market trends, competitive landscape, regulatory changes, and emerging opportunities. Use this information to provide strategic insights and recommendations for the organization.
- Thought Leadership & Innovation: Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in integrative healthcare and technology. Drive innovation initiatives and lead change management efforts to adapt the organization to evolving market conditions. Serve as a thought leader by participating in industry events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Business Development: Collaborate with executives to identify and evaluate potential partnerships, alliances, mergers and acquisitions that align with the company's strategic objectives. Assess market dynamics and competitive positioning to identify growth opportunities.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and implement a comprehensive corporate strategy that aligns with the organization's overall objectives and future growth plans. Identify key areas for strategic focus and prioritize initiatives accordingly.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with various departments and teams, such as finance, operations, marketing, and legal, to ensure strategic initiatives are effectively integrated and executed across the organization. Foster collaboration and coordination to drive organizational alignment.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct risk assessments to identify potential obstacles, challenges, and threats to the organization's strategic goals. Develop contingency plans and mitigation strategies to address these risks.
- Communication and Reporting: Prepare and present strategic plans, progress reports, and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders. Communicate the organization's strategic direction to internal teams, ensuring understanding and alignment.
- Experience (5+ years) in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic planning, or business development, preferably within the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare management, or a related field. Advanced degree (MBA, MHA) preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the integrative medical and/or healthcare / wellness landscape, including industry trends, regulations, reimbursement models, and competitive dynamics.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership and project management abilities, with a proven track record of successfully leading and executing strategic initiatives.
- Strong business acumen, financial literacy, and the ability to assess the financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Exceptional technical skills to effectively communicate a narrative through powerpoint and other work product.
- Ability to foster collaboration and work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- High level of adaptability, resilience, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic healthcare environment.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Pay + Stock Options
- 401(k) savings plan with matching up to 4%
- Customizable Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision) + HSA/FSA
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Employee discounts on Fullscript store
- Employee Assistance Program
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.