Technical Lead, EHR & API (Canada Remote)
Software Engineering, IT
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2023
Embracing a new era in patient care, Fullscript is a trailblazing health technology company changing the way health is prescribed.
We know the conventional model of patient care is ripe for innovation. At Fullscript, our work is guided by our mission of creating meaningful change for the future of our healthcare systems, so that integrative medicine will one day simply be called medicine.
Fullscript’s care delivery platform combines customized treatment planning, wellness protocols, data insights and ongoing wellness support, with the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Above all else, Fullscript is trusted by practitioners due to an unrelenting focus on quality and a patient experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
With over 5 million patients served and 70,000+ practitioners supported across North America, we’re just getting started.
Come build a healthier future with us.
We are seeking a Technical Lead for our EHR & API Engineering team. As the Technical Lead, you will have an impact on the technical decision making, architecture of the future of our e-commerce platform and expand our ecosystem by integrating with common EHRs. Check out our API docs here. You will work with the other technical leads, as well as the other engineers on the product team to solve the problems of a fast-growing platform that has ever-growing demand day in and day out.
This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
What you'll do:
- Lead our EHR and API Engineering “pod” (a small team of fullstack engineers)
- Manage and grow your team of developers — direct reports.
- Plan and architect projects, leading design discussions and decisions
- Evaluate technical feasibility of integration paths to EHRs leveraging our APIs
- Collaborate with other Technical Leaders
- Help meet the company goals while maintaining the technical health of the application
What you bring to the table:
- You care about helping your team grow, and encouraging an environment of high psychological safety
- Experience leading a full stack software development team
- You are passionate about fostering strong engineering practices and processes
- Experience working on high-scale web applications
- Experience building RESTful APIs and integrating with third-parties
What we can offer you:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both 🐶🏡
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles a lot of sensitive information, which means we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.