Healthcare Regulatory Legal Counsel
Manchester, NH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Fullscript is the leading platform for prescribing integrative health products and simplifying the path to lifelong wellness. We are the trusted care delivery platform for practitioners who want to create partnerships with their patients and want a simpler way to deliver integrative plans. We are changing the way health is prescribed and making a positive impact on the lives of millions through our work.
Experience what it’s like to work for a mission-driven company committed to helping people get better.
Fullscript is on a mission to enable a world where medicine is more holistic, integrative, and relationship-driven than ever before. To get there, we need a curious, capable, and compassionate Healthcare Regulatory Legal Counsel.
As a Healthcare Regulatory Legal Counsel, your role would involve providing legal advice and guidance for an innovative and growing business. You would work closely with medical professionals, IMAT, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards in the healthcare industry.
What You'll Do:
- Regulatory Compliance: You would stay updated on relevant healthcare laws, regulations, and guidelines and provide guidance on how they impact healthcare activities and innovation. This includes ensuring compliance with regulations related to marketing and promotion of products or services, including applicable fraud and abuse laws, and AKS/Stark/EKRA. Your role would involve managing and working closely with external legal counsel as needed
- Contract Negotiation and Review: You would review and negotiate contracts related to healthcare products and services, such as consulting agreements, licensing agreements, and collaboration agreements. Your role would involve assessing legal risks, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and protecting the organization's interests.
- Medical Ethics and Professional Standards: You would provide legal guidance on medical ethics and professional standards in healthcare. This includes ensuring adherence to standards set by professional medical associations, such as ethical guidelines for clinical practice, research, and patient care.
- Risk Management: You would assess legal risks associated with healthcare activities and develop strategies to mitigate those risks. This includes identifying potential liability issues, developing policies and procedures, and providing training on legal and regulatory compliance.
- Compliance and Governance: You would advise on and implement relevant compliance programs and policies as necessary.
- Privacy and Security: You would advise on and ensure compliance with a range of privacy and data security laws. This includes HIPAA and applicable state consumer protection laws.
- Collaboration and Training: You would collaborate with cross-functional teams, including medical professionals, technology, and marketing teams, to provide legal guidance and support. Additionally, you may conduct training sessions or workshops to educate employees on legal and regulatory matters relevant to their roles.
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- J.D. from a leading law school and admitted to at least one U.S. state bar
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience practicing at a top law firm as an associate (not partner)
- Specialization and expertise in regulatory matters applicable to innovative healthcare businesses
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Skills to solve problems independently accompanied by willingness to work as a team member
- Outstanding drafting and communication skills
- Excellent business acumen and judgment, including ability to place legal risk in proper business context
What We Can Offer You:
- Generous Paid Time Off (Flex Program)
- Competitive Pay & Stock Options
- Fullscript’s 401k program for financial health
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.