Data Analytics Engineer II (Canada Remote)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Founded in 2011, Fullscript supports 70,000 health practitioners across North America committed to delivering better patient care.
Fullscript provides the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Fullscript's online prescribing platform provides access to over 20,000 practitioner-grade products from over 300 brands, enabling practitioners to create fully personalized plans for their patients. With an unrelenting focus on quality and convenience, Fullscript delivers a patient experience that can't be found anywhere else.
Fullscript is a company where teammates embrace a growth mindset, have their talents celebrated, are given the tools to Grow Faster Than The Company, and are inspired to put their wellness at the forefront of their everyday lives. As a result, Fullscript has been consistently recognized for its culture and leadership. Check out our Culture Guide here.
We’re seeking an intermediate level Data Analytics Engineer for our Data Engineering team. The Data team is both a support function and strategic partner at Fullscript and will be a key area of investment in the future. Data is used to drive effective planning and decision making all the way from exploration of opportunities, to hypothesis testing and goal setting, to measurement of results and iteration. We will invest heavily in the coming years to make data more accessible to our internal teams and to leverage it within our application to provide our practitioners and patients with data-driven tools and experiences.
As the Data Analytics Engineer you will be building the data platform that powers our decision making. This same platform also provides key insights for our practitioners and their patients through analytics and advanced metrics.
What you'll do
- You will collaborate across functions such as analytics, product, and operations to understand their data
- Using that insight, you will write the data transformation code in ELT pipelines to integrate that data into our data warehouse for consumption by the reporting and data analytics functions
- Working with other data engineers you will create and populate the data models for downstream consumption and write tests to ensure data quality
- Apply version control, testing and continuous integration (CI) in the data transformation code.
- Maintain data documentation and definitions
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years in Data Analytics and/or Data Engineering position as part of ETL/ELT process or data insights development
- Strong proficiency with SQL, and using Python for data transformation
- Experience working with dbt (data build tool)
- Experience working with Cloud Data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift and RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- You write tests for data quality as part of the data pipeline and understand their value
- Keen interest in learning more about programming, modern data stack and data engineering.
- Experience writing and implementing data transformation pipelines in Argo, Airflow or similar Workflow orchestration tools
- Data warehouse modeling experience
- DevOps experience
- Write us a cover letter explaining why data engineering is of special interest to you
What we can offer you
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.fullscript.com/careers, find us on social media, or check out our culture guide.
See more open positions at Fullscript
Something looks off?