Senior Ruby Developer (Canada Remote)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Founded in 2011, Fullscript supports 70,000 health practitioners across North America committed to delivering better patient care.
Fullscript provides the ability to prescribe and manage the use of healthcare’s best supplements all in one place. Fullscript's online prescribing platform provides access to over 20,000 practitioner-grade products from over 300 brands, enabling practitioners to create fully personalized plans for their patients. With an unrelenting focus on quality and convenience, Fullscript delivers a patient experience that can't be found anywhere else.
Fullscript is a company where teammates embrace a growth mindset, have their talents celebrated, are given the tools to Grow Faster Than The Company, and are inspired to put their wellness at the forefront of their everyday lives. As a result, Fullscript has been consistently recognized for its culture and leadership. Check out our Culture Guide here.
Fullscript is currently looking for experienced Senior Ruby Engineers who want to build a platform to create rich, stable, and compelling experiences for our users. Fullscript is written with Ruby on Rails, and our Ruby Engineers build and maintain our internal GraphQL API. They work directly with our front-end engineers to build out functionality on the Fullscript platform. On the front-end, we’re using React, TypeScript, and Apollo to create top-notch experiences for our users.
Our team cares about doing things well, and about the developer experience on the team. We host in-house training on all sorts of topics, from React all the way through to Kubernetes. Fullscript is a place where you’ll be encouraged to learn, mentor, and grow.
This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to talk with you!
On the Product Team, you will work directly with our front-end engineers to build APIs that are consumed to produce visible features for the end user on the Fullscript platform.
What you’ll do:
- Plan out solution design
- Implement business logic for the core part of our e-commerce platform
- Build and maintain integrations with external services such as Stripe and Avatax, ERP system
- Build an internal API for other teams within Fullscript
- Solve performance issues
- Contribute to technical improvements, develop and maintain quality standards
- Code review and mentorship
What you bring to the table:
- You are a passionate software engineer that cares about your craft. You are excited to learn, lead projects and want to produce the best work possible.
- Experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- You write tests and understand their value
- A desire to learn and being open to feedback
- Understanding of design patterns and clean code
- Experience mentoring or coaching junior engineers
Bonus if you have:
- Experience scaling or working on high-scale web applications
- Past experience working in e-commerce or health-tech sector
- Experience with React, or similar technology
- You’ve worked with GraphQL in the past
What we can offer you:
- Generous PTO and competitive pay
- Fullscript’s RRSP match program for financial health
- Flexible benefits package and workplace wellness program
- Training budget and company-wide learning initiatives
- Discount on Fullscript catalog of products
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.fullscript.com/careers, find us on social media, or check out our culture guide.
See more open positions at Fullscript
Something looks off?