FT Synthetics Inc
The Production Operator will ensure the production of high quality commercial and residential roofing materials through accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of manufacturing processes to include machine operation, quality verification, packaging, housekeeping, and forklift operation.
The Production Operator is responsible to set-up, operate and maintain specialized resin and adhesive coating machines manufacturing high quality products. Performing work safely, according to quality requirements, as per production schedule following standardized work procedures.
- Wear required PPE & follow all standard operating procedure to ensure safety, quality & productivity
- Report safety concerns to Supervisor and participate & support the safety program
- Inspect & maintain production area according to 5S program
- Perform first-off inspection to ensure product conforms to requirements before production
- Responsible for the quality of the products being manufactured and perform online product quality inspection and complete required quality records
- Continually inspect the material being produced and tag/flag all defects; inform Supervisor
- Adjust equipment as required when material do not conform to quality specification
- Follow production schedule & set-up the machine for new production as required; verify that correct materials and components are used to manufacture the product
- Complete production records, material reports with correct information as required
- Assist co-workers with loading and unloading materials and other tasks as delegated
- Perform operator maintenance on equipment as scheduled/required
- Inspect and keep material hoppers filled, prep raw materials for processing
- Inform Supervisor when material supply is getting low
- Operate machine; inform Supervisor when machine malfunction and help is needed
- Keep the area constantly clean; pick-up materials and put into appropriate waste baskets; bale materials for processing
- Other duties as required or assigned by a supervisor
- G.E.D/High School Graduation
- English proficiency required, must be able to read, write, speak English
- Min 2 years previous work experience in an industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- A positive attitude, teamwork mindset, and a willingness to contribute to a continuous improvement environment
To perform the essential functions of this role, you must be able to:
- Stand for long periods of time
- Climb ladders and stairs and use catwalks
- Bend at the knees and waist
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move 50 lbs. (or more with assistance)
- Regularly push and pull objects, push carts, and other equipment.
- Hear alarm bells and communicate on radio/walkie talkies
- Use colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and be able to adjust your depth of focus.
- Use hands and fingers to feel and handle objects, tools, controls panels, and products.
- Wear and use required safety equipment, including safety glasses, steel-toe safety shoes, hand gloves (task dependent)
- 12 Hour Shifts – 7 am to 7 pm or 7 pm to 7 am
- No rotating shifts – either days or nights
- 4 on 3 off, then next week 3 on 4 off – averages 77 hours bi-weekly
- Must have ability to work in Canada without current/future need for employer visa sponsorship.
FT Synthetics Inc., – part of GAF, North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer – is a fully integrated manufacturer of coated woven fabrics, with a dedicated focus of developing industry-leading new and unique underlayment products designed for the steep slope roofing industry.
FT Synthetics is located at 26977 56 Ave, Langley and consists of the home office and 24/7 manufacturing plant. This location is not serviced by transit, own vehicle or other reliable method of transportation is a requirement.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21 per hour
Something looks off?