Senior Mobile Developer
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and our goal is to create connection as a human-first workplace. Our teams have adopted different working environments based on how they collaborate best. Some are fully remote and others are truly hybrid - it all comes down to what's best for the team and for everyone FreshBooks builds for.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from the above location.
The Opportunity - Senior React Native Developer
We are seeking an experienced React Native Developer to help build the future of our mobile apps. As a Senior React Native Developer, you will play a pivotal role in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of our mobile applications. You will collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other developers, to deliver extraordinary effortless experiences to FreshBooks Customers.
What You'll Do as a Senior React Native Developer
- Design and write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, following best practices and coding standards for our Mobile App using React Native
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to understand user requirements and translate them into technical specifications and implementation plans.
- Architect and implement complex mobile application features, ensuring performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Lead code reviews and provide constructive feedback to fellow developers to ensure code quality and consistency across the team.
- Optimize mobile applications for maximum performance across various devices and screen sizes.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges, troubleshoot, and implement solutions to ensure seamless application functionality.
- Stay current with the latest technology and practices in React Native development and mobile technologies to propose and execute technical and process improvements.
- Mentor developers, share knowledge, and contribute to a collaborative and innovative development environment.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Minimum 5 years of experience and proven track record of developing and deploying successful mobile applications using React Native for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Familiarity with native modules and bridging in React Native to access device-specific functionality.
- Extensive experience with state management libraries like Redux.
- Proven expertise in testing methodologies, including unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
- Familiarity with testing libraries and frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Detox, or similar tools.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate productively with the Team
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Experience building and maintaining native iOS or Android Applications
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and asynchronous programming.
- Deep understanding of mobile UI/UX principles and responsive design
- Experience with a Version Control System like Git
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings programs matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job, and a bi-annual review process.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
#LI-Remote #LI-Mexico #LI-CJ1