FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and our goal is to create connection as a human-first workplace. Our teams have adopted different working environments based on how they collaborate best. Some are fully remote and others are truly hybrid - it all comes down to what's best for the team and for everyone FreshBooks builds for.
The Opportunity - Manager, Analytics
The Manager of Analytics will lead a team of cross-functional analysts to solve complex problems and provide valuable insights to drive business performance. The right person will work cross functionally to define and execute an analytics strategy to support the success of the business.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from the above location.
What You'll Do as a Manager, Analytics
- Organize and drive the successful completion of analytics projects through effective management of analysts, and collaboration with your stakeholders.
- Oversee and provide guidance on gathering requirements, creating an analysis plan and execution of analysis for business initiatives using experiments and counterfactuals to drive actionable insights.
- Participate in cross departmental meetings and translate business sentiments and challenge areas into analytical road maps that proactively supports the business with data-driven decision-making
- Ensure the analytics team is implementing and complying with FreshBooks data governance and data quality standards.
- Develop and implement a working agreement of coding standards, unit tests and peer reviews to ensure analyses are repeatable, accurate and well documented.
- Communicate through synchronous and asynchronous methods with business stakeholders to provide visibility and course correct action items within sprints.
- Assist in the building, development and maintenance of data models, reporting systems, dashboards and metrics that support key business decisions
What You'll Bring to the Role
- At least 5 years of experience in a position monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, and at least 1-2 years of experience leading a team or mentoring analysts
- Strong proficiency in data analysis, statistics, and data visualizations.
- Experience with data analytical tools such as Python or R.
- Strong SQL skills for querying relational databases
- Solid understanding of databases, data structures and the ability to work with complex data sets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (Looker is a plus.)
- Business acumen and the ability to understand and translate business needs into analytical projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative fields (i.e. Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- Familiarity with data governance and data quality best practices
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our full time employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings program or pension plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and those without access to a FreshBooks office receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. Comprehensive company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 1-416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.