Senior Payroll Specialist
Senior Payroll Specialist
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and our goal is to create connection as a human-first workplace. Our teams have adopted different working environments based on how they collaborate best. Some are fully remote and others are truly hybrid - it all comes down to what's best for the team and for everyone FreshBooks builds for.
The Opportunity - Senior Payroll Specialist
As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will contribute to providing exceptional employee experiences every day by delivering end-to-end payroll and benefits support to FreshBookers. Reporting directly to the Global Payroll Manager, our ideal candidate will prepare, process and reconcile payroll and benefits to support our international employee base.
NOTE: This role is hybrid, meaning that the team comes together in our Toronto office location 1-2 times per week.
What You'll Do as a Senior Payroll Specialist
- Ensure accurate and timely biweekly/monthly payroll processing in Canada, the US, the Netherlands, and Germany
- Ensure all changes made within the payroll system are in accordance with company policies and statutory requirements. Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Reconcile payroll accounts and propose corrections when necessary.
- Prepare Records of Employment and other payroll records as required, promptly.
- Perform year-end procedures including year-end reconciliations for issuance of T4s and W2s.
- Respond to Canada Revenue Agency and other statutory agency inquiries promptly.
- Research payroll tax payments and data discrepancies with federal, state, and local agencies, and work with tax agencies as well as internal staff for resolution.
- Respond to employee inquiries related to payroll or benefits.
- Provide support for external audits.
- Ensure proper internal controls, system standards & documentation, policies and audit requirements are developed, met, and maintained.
- Stay up-to-date on payroll and tax laws and regulations including Federal and State laws (US and Canada), wage and hour and employee benefit laws.
- Maintain the highest level of confidential customer service to all associates and managers.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 5 years of experience supporting Canada and US Payroll and exposure to international payroll.
- Proficient with Ceridian Dayforce payroll system.
- Knowledge of employment standards and working towards PCP or equivalent payroll experience.
- Experience with Excel, G Suite, and HRIS software (Bamboo HR, for instance).
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and strongly motivated to find solutions.
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks, each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognizes and rewards our full-time employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including a retirement savings program or pension plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full-time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and those without access to a FreshBooks office receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organization and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. Comprehensive company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 1-416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.
#LI-CJ1 #LI-Remote #LI-Canada #LI-Toronto