Marketing Specialist, Demand Generation
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FreshBookers are found all over the globe, and our goal is to create connection as a human-first workplace. Our teams have adopted different working environments based on how they collaborate best. Some are fully remote and others are truly hybrid - it all comes down to what's best for the team and for everyone FreshBooks builds for.
The Opportunity –Marketing Specialist, Demand Generation
You will be part of the Performance Marketing team and will help build and maintain our demand generation engine to support global lead growth for customers and accountants, and for nurturing prospects. You will work on projects that will create and capture demand and win back lost customers.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, Demand Generation, you will work closely with Sales, Marketing & Sales Operations, Accountant Channel, and Performance teams.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from the above location.
What You'll Do as a Marketing Specialist, Demand Generation
- Assist in building a high-volume lead generation engine aligned with our fast sales cycle.
- Identify trends and gaps in current lead sources to expand our reach among target audiences.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to understand upcoming product releases and feature usage by segment.
- Draft emails, social posts, website content, and other marketing materials.
- Collaborate with the sales team to scale inbound and outbound lead generation, meet delivery targets, assessing the sales funnel's impact on opportunities, conversion rates, and underlying factors
- Lead regular reporting on key metrics such as lead volume, pipeline, revenue, velocity, conversion, etc.
- Identify potential high-value partnerships and associations to enhance visibility and revenue, shape and launch customer acquisition campaigns, research and optimize current lead flows.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field
- 2+ years of online marketing experience, including internships
- Proficiency in email marketing with a focus on copywriting
- Understanding of marketing and demand generation best practices
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Console, Pardot, and/or Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
You'll Stand Out If You Bring Experience In
- Bilingual with Business proficiency in Spanish or German (Read, Write, Speak)
- Previous marketing experience in a role where you had multiple responsibilities and areas of focus
Our Commitments to You
At FreshBooks each person knows their opinion is valued, and can see their impact on the lives of over 10 million small business owners around the world. Accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and work as a part of a collaborative team without ego! Here are some of the ways FreshBooks recognises and rewards our full time employees:
- 🩺 Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits. Including retirement savings program or pension plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, parental leave and new parent support, annual healthy living credit, comprehensive medical and dental benefits dependent on your region, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Canada and Mexico, and those without access to a FreshBooks office receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. Comprehensive company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 1-416-780-2700 and/or email@example.com.