Business Development Representative (Frankfurt, Germany)
FreshBooks is a leading cloud-based SaaS accounting software designed with one goal: to help small business owners grow. We reached unicorn status after raising our valuation to more than $1 billion and continue to scale our business to serve business owners, their clients, and accountants in more than 160 countries worldwide. FastBill (founded 2007, Frankfurt) became a part of the FreshBooks team in 2021, adding a whole host of incredible products for business owners to our portfolio, and talented members to our teams. These team members are found all over the globe, including Germany thanks to FastBill! We know that different folks thrive in different working environments: so whether it’s remote, onsite, or anything in between, you’ll find it with us.
Monsum (part of the FreshBooks international organisation) is an all-in-one subscription, membership and recurring platform with easy-to-use features to make every aspect of running businesses seamless. Located in Frankfurt, Monsum is in the heart of the financial district of Germany and in an exciting position of expansion.
The Opportunity - Business Development Representative
Please note: This positions requires fluency in German and English.
We’ve just started building the European Sales Team and you will be a key member of the Acquisition Sales team, and you will be working to ensure the growth and development of our key platform. In this position, your focus will be that of a Business Development Representative (BDR), prospecting and qualifying leads. You will have a “hunter” mentality. You will be the voice of Monsum as we execute and explore new channels of acquiring business.
Monsum is a small growing team and part of the FastBiIl & FreshBooks family. The 25+ person Sales team in Europe is spread out across the UK, Netherlands and Germany. We’re proud to have 12 nationalities and a healthy gender balance. Our Sales colleagues in North America have a team of 100+ persons.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely from the above location.
What you'll do as a Business Development Representative:
- Deliver qualified opportunities to the Sales Account Executives, who will close the deals.
- Initiate contact with new potential customers through outbound prospecting. Some leads will have been warmed up by Marketing, others you will be tasked with sourcing and prospecting to using the sales tools provided to you
- Respond to inbound inquiries.
- Identify the needs and pains of prospects and qualify their interest.
- Use best-in-class tools, like Apollo, Salesforce and Qualified
- Achieve the Daily/Weekly goals that are set out for the role.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
- Native in German and bilingual proficiency (fluent) in English, both spoken and written
- Strong communication skills to effectively interact with potential customers and colleagues
- Outbound Sales efforts do not intimidate you since it is the bulk of your day
- You are organised and a self-starter.
- You are ambitious and want to develop a career in sales
- You are a results-driven individual
You will stand out if you have:
- Demonstrate a keen desire to achieve goals
- Have a background/understanding of financing/accounting
- Have life experience and be naturally inquisitive and conversational
Our Commitments to You
At Monsum you will grow and be challenged in rewarding ways, largely because you’ll be trusted to make the best decisions for your role. We believe in bringing on the best people, providing them with support and learning opportunities, and then trusting them to solve tough problems.
If you want to accelerate your career, work on projects you're passionate about, and be part of a collaborative team - we could be just what you're looking for.
Here are some of the ways Monsum and FreshBooks recognises and rewards our employees
- 🩺 Comprehensive Compensation and Wellness Benefits. Including Pension Plan matched to your local office, stock options for every full time employee, generous time off, annual healthy living credit, and more.
- 📚 Perks that Matter. Including a Peer Recognition Program, an Employee Assistance Program, headphone credit, meaningful in-person gatherings to bring onsite and remote employees together, and more perks matched to your locale.
- 🌱Working Environments to Help You Thrive. Beautiful office spaces welcome you in Germany, Croatia, and Netherlands, and remote FreshBookers receive a home office credit to set up your home office.
- 🤗 Supportive Peer Group, Mentors, and Leaders. We care about each other across the organisation and have programs to support this so everyone feels a strong sense of belonging, and believes in collective impact.
- 🚀 Accelerated growth. 3 week dedicated company onboarding, career development through continuous coaching, training, and learning on the job.
How FreshBooks Hires
- Recruiter Conversation: A shorter meeting with a member of our talent acquisition team to learn more about you and tell you more about FreshBooks and the role, too.
- Hiring Manager Conversation: A conversation with the Hiring Manager to better understand your skills and experience, and how they align with the role.
- Team Assessment(s)/Conversation(s): One to two conversations with team members to understand your craft mastery and your approach to collaborating with a team.
- Executive Conversation: We might invite you for a short conversation with a member of the senior leadership team to learn more about how you want to grow in the coming years, and how those goals align with FreshBooks’ long-term vision.
Even if your experience doesn't meet every bullet on the above lists, we'd love to learn more about you and why you think FreshBooks is the next step in your career.
FreshBooks is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, mental disability, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At FreshBooks, we inspire an environment of mutual respect and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
FreshBooks provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone (+1) 416-780-2700 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.