Do you thrive in a dynamic work atmosphere? Are you driven to think different, inspire others and find innovation in everything you do? Are you an ambitious individual who prides themselves on their work ethic, organization and ability to get things done? If so, this role may be for you.
FORT Labs is a proptech and real estate focused venture studio on an ambitious mission to transform one of the worlds largest and most static industries. We’re leveraging tech and deep industry insights to reimagine customer experiences, explore new business models and create value in an age-old industry ripe for change. We’re building a team of highly talented developers, designers, marketers and industry veterans to be part of our growing team. If you’re passionate about technology, love real estate and carry an innate desire to make an impact through innovative ideas and thinking, we want to hear from you.
Our team is seeking an Interior Designer who will lead interior design related projects, assist in the development of design solutions, conduct research on behalf of the design team, and coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
- Develop and coordinate exceptional detailed design concepts, with the ability to develop functional requirements and inspirational approach to meet project-design criteria.
- Prepare drawings, models and renderings
- Maintain the interior design library by organizing and meeting with product reps and continually updating materials
- Collaboration and correspondence with other consultants, contractors, and clients
- Prepare presentation boards and other presentation materials
Who You Are
- Enthusiastic, driven, and carry a positive attitude in everything you do
- Client-focused with the highest standard of customer service
- Articulate, and a highly effective communicator with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills and an ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
What You’ll Need
- Proficient in Interior Design software skills (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit, 3D Sketch Up, Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft programs & Google Workspace)
- Have experience in interior design and presentation; demonstrates creativity and aesthetic knowledge
- Familiar with Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural permits and building codes
- Possess superior time management and problem solving skills
- Skills and experience in budgeting and project management are an asset
- Familiarity and experiencing in product sourcing is an asset
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Nice to Have
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have high attention to detail
- Are passionate about Real Estate and helping others
- Experience and ability to advance design concepts and drawings to high-fidelity renderings
- The successful candidate would work primarily from our office in Kitchener- Waterloo with the availability to work remotely
- Office hours are generally Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- This position may require occasional attendance at events outside of regular work hours (compensated), including some evenings and weekends. Some travel may be required.
- Amazing perks and the chance to work at cool new company
If you are an enthusiastic forward thinker who thrives off innovation, shares our passion for real estate and wants to be part of a high-energy team with room to grow, we want to hear from you.
Remuneration will commensurate with experience.