Full-Stack Software Associate (8 Month Co-Op)
Remote · Kitchener, ON, Canada · Kitchener, ON, Canada · Ontario, Canada · Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Job Title: Full-Stack Software Associate (Co-Op)
Term: 8+ Months
FluidAI is creating a paradigm shift in post-operative care, utilizing the plethora of data within the body, to help in the detection of post-operative complications at their onset. Our clinically validated platform sensing technology augments existing wound drains and catheters, providing healthcare providers with a smart monitoring tool that can support earlier detection of deadly complications and enhance the delivery of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse team representation across language, ethnicity, gender and nationality.
Why join FluidAI?
· Mission to save lives and improve patient care with technology that’s already deployed on patients in real-world settings.
· Work with a high-performing and cross-functional team that is empowered to grow, learn, and contribute across all levels of the organization.
· Gain exposure across the entire technical stack, from novel sensing technologies and proprietary hardware to mobile/web software and ML (Machine Learning) algorithms.
· Personal career-focused development and training with access to workshops, coursework, and experienced mentors/consultants.
· Regular offsite activities (COVID-allowing) – past events include rafting, axe-throwing, sports leagues, and the usual BBQ.
· Unlimited vacation and paid parental leave.
This role centers around all software development beyond our proprietary sensors and hardware. We’re looking for someone with solid foundations in software architecture and development to work with our Software Lead Team to help deliver high quality products.
It's not every day that you get a chance to make a direct impact on people's health. If you're looking to join a strong team for a meaningful product, this is for you!
· Update, design and implement mobile and cloud architecture to enable patient data collection and processing, and presentation of results to healthcare professionals
· Translate regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPA, PHIPA) to product specifications and ensure compliance
· Devise deployment strategy for local and international hospitals depending on their infrastructure and IT policies.
· Assist in conducting technical risk and privacy impact assessments.
· Support other teams with software needs as required.
These are some of the skills we are looking for in an ideal candidate. If you check some but not all of these boxes, please apply anyway!
· Demonstrated knowledge of backend architecture design and implications on development, security, and privacy
· Strong knowledge of data structures and database fundamentals
· Strong knowledge of back-end development (C# Preferred)
· Strong Knowledge of mobile software development (Android [Kotlin & Java] preferred)
· Good knowledge UX design for website and mobile development
· Ability to work with a multidisciplinary set of teams
· Excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
· Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and constantly changing conditions
· Familiarity with version-control software (Git preferred)
· Experience in Agile software development, preferred
· Understanding of international regulatory pertaining to patient data security and privacy (HIPA, PHIPA), preferred
· Knowledge of standard encryption algorithms for data security, preferred
· Optional skills: Python