Junior Business Strategist (8+ Month Co-Op)
Remote · Kitchener, ON, Canada · Kitchener, ON, Canada · Ontario, Canada · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
FluidAI Medical is creating a paradigm shift in post-operative care, utilizing the plethora of data within the body, to help in the detection of post-operative complications at their onset. Our clinically validated platform sensing technology augments existing wound drains and catheters, providing healthcare providers with a smart monitoring tool that can support earlier detection of deadly complications and enhance the delivery of care.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse team representation across language, ethnicity, gender and nationality.
Why join FluidAI Medical?
- Mission to save lives and improve patient care with technology that’s already deployed on patients in real-world settings.
- Work with a high-performing and cross-functional team that is empowered to grow, learn, and contribute across all levels of the organization.
- Gain exposure across the entire technical stack, from novel sensing technologies and proprietary hardware to mobile/web software and ML algorithms.
- Personal career-focused development and training with access to workshops, coursework, and experienced mentors/consultants.
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including vision, drugs, dental and life insurance.
- Regular offsite activities (COVID-allowing) – past events include rafting, axe-throwing, sports leagues, and the usual BBQ.
- WFH/WFO flexible hybrid model.
- Unlimited vacation and paid parental leave.
We are seeking a Market Strategist who will contribute to the dynamic landscape of our company’s growth. In this role, you will be a vital part of our team assisting in executional and strategic tasks surrounding investor relations, market dynamics, and business operations. You will work on projects encompassing competitor and landscape analysis, the development of pitch decks and marketing material, AI-driven information storage, grant writing, and file management.
Your responsibilities will include crafting a streamlined research framework to maximize information collation and support in the creation of AI-driven databases. In addition, you will play a crucial role in generation initial drafts for grant and project proposals, aligning them meticulously with our company’s objectives Your attention to detail will shine as you design and refine engaging company pitch decks, ensuring consistency and professional style in line with organization branding. Communication is key and in this role you will be updating stakeholders on progress, findings, strategies and opportunities in a professional and effective manner.
This position offers professional experience and a wide range of exposures for anyone aspiring to a career in business while also contributing meaningful and innovative work to company endeavors.
- Conduct thorough competitor analysis, documenting technological aspects, evaluating competition, and categorizing them as competitors or potential collaborators
- Create compelling company pitch decks, designing and beautifying slides while maintaining a consistent styles in line with organization branding
- Effectively communicate project updates, findings and strategies to internal and external stakeholders
- Research and identify potential grant opportunities, scanning eligibility criteria, ensuring compliance and evaluate guidelines and restrictive covenants
- Assist with development and execution of projects related to AI-driven information storage and file management
- Develop framework for assessing documents to quickly and effectively extract essential information
- Generate initial drafts for grant proposals, ensuring alignment with company goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement enhancements for greater efficiency in the business and operations teams
- Other tasks that may arise from time to time
These are some of the skills we are looking for in an ideal candidate. If you check some but not all of these boxes, please apply anyway!
You are detail-oriented, organized and can work independently in a fast-paced environment. You are not afraid to take the driver's seat, love to learn and can quickly grasp new concepts as they arise during your work. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- A Bachelor's degree or in progress in finance, economics, business administration, or a related field, or 1+ year experience in related field, with a strong foundation in financial analysis and market dynamics.
- Proficiency in market research and analysis to identify market trends, opportunities, and potential risks.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans, including investor relations strategies, market entry strategies, and financial planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts and strategies to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with investors, financial institutions, and industry partners.
- Familiarity with market access strategies, pricing, and reimbursement considerations, especially in highly regulated industries like healthcare or medical devices, is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in business relations, managing relationships with investors, analysis, and financial stakeholders.