Marketing Science Manager
Flipp is on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
The Manager of Marketing Science is an expert in all five sub-disciplines of Marketing Science—tracking and measurement, data visualization, testing and evaluation, data integration, and statistical modeling. You are a creative problem-solver with the ability to run good controlled experiments to test hypotheses. This manager is responsible for supporting the Lead in designing and executing analytical studies to measure the sales impact of various testing activities and uncover potential business opportunities and industry insights. Experience in a range of marketing analytics projects and techniques from statistical analysis such as Marketing Mix Modelling (MMM), linear regression and digital attribution is essential in this role along with interest in developing innovative new approaches to marketing science and analytics.
You will also be responsible for refining people and processes to improve ways of working across the teams and coach for optimum growth and performance while supporting the drive for incremental revenue or mitigating revenue risk through testing and measurement opportunities. You will leverage your leadership, coaching, and marketing analytics capabilities to drive strong long-term partnerships and flawless cross-functional execution as the thought leader in your space.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Build out the Marketing Science Framework and Team Structure
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap to deliver cutting edge advances in analytics solutions for our partners
- Build framework and team structure to support internal stakeholders, i.e. Business Development
- Coach and Mentor
- 1:1s: Attend and provide agendas in advance, lead 1:1s with coachees
- Training and onboarding: Support onboarding meetings/training, develop training and onboarding plan for new hires
- Hiring and interviewing: Set hiring expectations with people team for all roles, attend 1st and/or 2nd round interviews
- Coaching: Owner of the PGP process for direct reports (1:1s, objectives, growth plans, etc), development of talent on the team (progression, promotions), mentorship to other Flippers
- Growth plans: Create and own personal growth plan, lead coachees on development of their growth plans, People team connection and influence
- Support in Leading Measurement Initiatives and Projects
- Lead measurement conversations with stakeholders, identifying measurement and testing options to add to our suite, ensuring continuing relevance of options
- Work with partners to deliver thought leadership, look for new ways to enhance, develop or execute data-driven solutions and insights through measurement, advanced analytics strategy and, business analysis
- Build strong relationships with 3rd party providers to ensure fair measurement and ingestion of data to drive strong results for Flipp
- Digital Media Landscape: Understand how Flipp compares to competitors and foresee potential issues with comparable metrics, Build content to inform team and cross-functional partners
- Seek out new relevant Testing and Measurement options, in line with industry standards, that can be added to Flipp’s current Testing and Measurement playbook
- Coach and train team members and cross-functional teams on Measurement and Testing
- Customer Consulting and Solutions
- Support the Sr. Marketing Science Lead in customer meetings as it relates to measurement and will employ a consultative solutions approach to develop the best solution for our desired outcomes
- Build trust with customers and also understand the industry so that we are representing ourselves to industry standards. The individual will also work with the external teams to present results and drive the business forward
What you'll bring to the team:
- 6+ years of overall experience in an analytics role; preferably in marketing analytics and related to testing and measurement
- 4+ years of overall experience in client management/delivery
- 3+ years of managing team members in analytical functions
- Highly organized and great time management skills — you’re able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills — ability to tell a story based in data and simplify complex concepts
- Passion for constant improvement — always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company)
- Quick learner, with an open-minded perspective to understand Flipp’s disciplined approach
- Confidence interacting with clients to suggest innovative ideas and drive organic growth
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, which includes communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Clear understanding of data, data management, data infrastructure, and marketing applications
- Creative problem-solving skills that help you find new solutions
- Passion to always improve your team's craft through ongoing learning and support
- Experience in Data Science and/or Data Engineering (e.g.: statistical modeling, data wrangling, data flow automation etc.) is an asset
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.