Accounts Receivable Specialist (Contract)
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for the recording and collection of customer invoices while ensuring accurate and prompt processing. This entails generating invoices, investigating and resolving account discrepancies, and supporting collection efforts. This position is a full-time contract until May 2025.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Accounts Receivable & Collections
- Maintains and reconciles accounts receivable ledger and prepares management reports, including reports of delinquent accounts.
- Provide a positive customer experience by discussing options and setting up payment arrangements.
- Oversee collections of accounts by contacting customers as needed, negotiating and resolving conflicts, and expediting payments.
- Manage weekly review of accounts 60+ days past due.
- Weekly review and reconciliation of deposits, cash applied & unapplied cash.
- Review and post the cash receipts recorded by the OS Team.
- Assist with monthly AR Close cycle and ensure all reporting activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Analyzes trends in bad debts and recommends improvements to accounts receivable policies and procedures.
- Provide weekly updates to management and sales team to provide visibility to the status of outstanding receivables and holding the sales team accountable to follow up where invoices are overdue.
- Record non-retailer deposits as journal entries in the General Ledger
- Invoicing & Billing
- Review system-generated invoices, make necessary billing adjustments for all retailers, and create manual invoices where system limitations arise.
- Maintain and note all appropriate information and documentation on customer accounts.
- Conduct deep dives in response to client requests for adjustments related to and impacting billing.
- Manage retailer requests and resolve billing inquiries on a daily basis.
- Prepare weekly PO/Portal reconciliation reporting and submission of billing in 3rd party billing portals.
- Support all W9 and remittance requests.
- Create the billing file by compiling data from Salesforce, Google and Facebook while coordinating with the Media Science Lead on any discrepancies.
- Special Projects
- Continuously assess existing billing and receivables processes and recommend improvements, where necessary
- Assist with execution of ad-hoc projects related to process improvements to support the Accounts Receivable team
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Proficient in Excel Basics
- Solid understanding of accounts receivable and financial concepts
- Experience with Enterprise account software
- Experience with NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Google Workspace, and Salesforce is considered an asset
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.