Data Engineer Intern
Work Term Commitment: 12-16 months for Spring 2024 (Beginning of May)
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
Flipp is currently hiring for an Associate Data Engineer to join our growing team!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in design of real-time and batch data pipelines
- Develop and manage scalable data processing platforms used by Data Science, Engineering and Analytics organizations
- Implement and maintain data pipelines through collection, storage, transformation and normalization of large data sets.
- Planning and estimating features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- Fixing bugs and refactoring to improve Flipp internal and open source packages
- Design and implement automated unit and integration test strategies
- Analyzing datasets and automating data quality checks to ensure top-notch data quality and consistency
- Develop proper data governance approaches by ensuring security, integrity and auditability standards are met
What you bring to the team:
- 0-2 years of experience with data modeling, data warehouses, and/or ETL/ELT pipelines
- 0-2 years of experience with programming languages like Scala, Python, Java
- Has an analytical mindset and ensures delivery of quality code
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
- Experience with big data frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hive, Hadoop
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.