Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
The Payroll Specialist will assist in the maintenance of the Flipp HRIS, benefit programs, and execution of payroll operations for 400+ team members. They are responsible for the full employee lifecycle - from hire and promotion to termination and all the calculations/maintenance associated with these changes.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Payroll Processing – end-to-end payroll including data entry, calculating wages, deductions & bonuses. Manages full salaried & hourly payrolls in an accurate and timely manner for 400+ employees.
- Assist in the administration of promotions, salary increases, transfers, bonuses and terminations while ensuring the accuracy of all employee records in the HRIS database.
- Maintain various benefit programs (group benefits and retirement savings) through enrolling, making changes, troubleshooting, and removing members.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of payroll processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Stay informed about changes in tax laws and reporting requirements to maintain compliance.
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance payroll processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline procedures and improve overall efficiency.
- Provide timely responses to inquiries from the People, Talent and Finance Teams as well as team members, government, and other third-party agencies
- Developing and producing standard and ad-hoc reports that assist the organization with effective and efficient management of employee information
- Assisting year-end processes, including T4, RL-1 & W2 preparation, reconciliation, and distribution, in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Other ad hoc reporting, auditing tasks & projects as required.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 4 years minimum of payroll experience
- PCP Designation
- Dayforce experience is preferred but not required
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.