Brand Communication Intern
Work term commitment: A minimum of 4 months beginning January 2024
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
As a key member of the Flipp Team, the Marketing Communications Intern's mission is to support the growth of the Flipp and Reebee brands, engaging with new and potential customers through content creation and storytelling for various digital channels including social media and the Flipp blog. This is a writing-focused role and writing samples will be required for the application
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Write blog posts for the Flipp blog.
- Research SEO-friendly blog topics to write about using Ahrefs.
- Develop copy for direct response ads.
- Help with writing content for new feature releases, app updates, etc.
- Develop captions and headlines for social media posts.
- Schedule social media posts using Sproutsocial.
- Monitor social media pages, reply to user comments and inbox messages.
- Film content for Instagram reels and TikTok ads.
- Coordinate with the design team for creative asset development.
Research & Ideation
- Research social media trends on a weekly basis and pitch content ideas that tie back to Flipp and reebee.
- Participate in monthly brainstorming sessions between Brand Communications and Brand Design teams.
- Maintain monthly content calendars up to date.
- Have a basic understanding of content performance and apply learnings for future ideas.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Must be a student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, or related field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Familiar with social media platforms: Instagram, TikTok
- Previous digital marketing experience a plus
- Passionate about social media trends and open to appearing on camera for social media posts or ads
- Please include any portfolio or writing samples you may have showcasing your work
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.