Accounts Payable Specialist (Contract)
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
As an Accounts Payable Specailist you will b responsible for timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices (vendor and media partner), overseeing employee expenses and credit cards, and recording all relevant payables and expense transactions. This is a contract position until May 2024.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
Oversee the payables and payments processes (vendors and media partners)
- Review and post invoices processed by the outsourcing team for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Create manual Invoice entries for review.
- Monitor and manage the AP email inbox, responding to inquiries and resolving issues
- Manage the invoice approvals process via Jira with the appropriate business owners.
- Review/prepare media partner invoices on a monthly & adhoc basis to ensure accuracy as part of our auto-billing program.
- Manage the maintenance of the vendor master file and ensure all vendor cards in Great Plains are created or updated timely and accurately
- Work cross-functionally with the OffApp team team to ensure all media partner and vendor related issues that arise are resolved timely and accurately.
- Communicate with service providers and outsourcing partners in order to resolve all payment or processing inquiries.
- Create payment files in Great Plains during the weekly multi-currency & multi-account pay cycle.
Support Financial Close Procedures
- Assist the AP & Expense Supervisor perform monthly GL reconciliations including accruals, credit card reconciliations,reclasses, fixed assets posting / depreciation
- Prepare & update accrual file during month end close.
- Reviewing & Saving corporate credit card statements
- Help identify any discrepancies in our accounting records and ensure urgent issues are addressed
- Provide support with our ongoing AP/Finance transformation project
- Assist with our new AP automation system implementation. (AirBase)
- Assist with our new ERP system implementation. (Netsuite)
- Assist with execution of ad-hoc projects related to process improvements to support the Finance team as assigned by the AP & Expense Supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports related to AP as directed by AP & Expense Supervisor.
- Multiple ad-hoc tasks, such payment/voucher voids, ad-hoc reclasses, stop payments.
- Assist in audits by providing supporting documentation and explanations as needed.
- Create/Manage vendor templates in the bank.
- Create/Manage new & existing employee profiles in expense system (Concur)
- Reviewing & Saving corporate credit card statements
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable, or related, experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel basics
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or other accounting software and SAP Concur is considered an asset
- Bonus experience with ERP/AP automation systems implementation.
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We are proud to be a welcoming space for employees, of every background, to bring their whole selves to work with confidence. Flipp is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to ensure our selection process is equitable, and such accommodations can be made available on request. If you require an accommodation, please contact your dedicated recruiter directly.