Business Development Lead, Mid-Market
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
The primary role of the Business Development Lead is to develop strategic relationships with select, strategic retail partners, ranging from regional retailer leaders (+$500MM GMV) to hyperlocal retailers <10 store count). The high-level objective is to be able to help Flipp to become the digital solutions leader for the +20,000 remaining retailers in North America by giving them the opportunity to better reach shoppers and maximize revenue for their businesses. This individual will ultimately be a Trusted Advisor to our retailer partners and a key stakeholder in expanding Flipp’s long-term product/revenue goals by driving the adoption of Flipp’s new products/solutions.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Prospecting and Lead Generation
- Prospecting and qualifying prospective partners from a hit-list provided by the manager through discovery and research, as well as expanding the list of potential targets, and other lead-generation activities to drive the business.
- Setting up and participating in meetings with key stakeholders across relevant, strategic partners to fill the sales pipeline with active opportunities
- Opportunity Development and Account Management
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to nurture and grow partner partnerships as they adopt Flipp’s solutions.
- Maintain a pipeline of net-new prospective partners and other trackers, while driving activities to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Working cross-functionally with other external teams at Flipp (Retail Sales, Insights & Analytics, Ad Operations, etc) to quarterback internal support of accounts to ensure top-tier service level for partners
- Industry Expert/ Process Improvement
- Staying up to date with new services/products and ad technology in the digital retail solutions space to ensure consultative selling is second to none
- With this information, you will be in charge of partnering with your manager in auditing, optimizing and enhancing sales processes to maximize performance of the team
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3-4 years experience in an Outbound Sales function with emphasis on Retail/CPG/Agency/Marketing
- 2-3 years experience in an Account Management function
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We are proud to be a welcoming space for employees, of every background, to bring their whole selves to work with confidence. Flipp is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to ensure our selection process is equitable, and such accommodations can be made available on request. If you require an accommodation, please contact your dedicated recruiter directly.