Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
The Data Analyst supports our internal product and partner teams by leveraging data & insights to demonstrate results, build measurements, and create new capabilities. The data analyst will communicate and coordinate with various internal cross-functional teams to deliver data-driven product decisions.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Analysis of historical data to understand trends in performance for various internal business units
- Statistical modeling to provide stakeholders with predicted outcomes and results
- Conduct AB tests including design, execution, and analysis
- Investigation of anomalies, root cause analysis, impact analysis
- Develop and support in building new data integrations, methodologies, data governance, and reporting
- Present and communicate analytical concepts, results, and findings to internal team members
- Extract data from various structured and unstructured data sources
- Manipulate, normalize, aggregate datasets to produce dataframes for further analysis or modeling
- Develop workflows and pipelines to extract raw unstructured events to dataframes
- Serve as Flipp’s internal stakeholder to sales, product, consumer, data science, and data engineering teams to define analytics and reporting requirements
- Understand cross-functional project requirements and actions required from analytics
- Building and improving team knowledge base, case studies
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics or a related field
- 1-3 years experience as an data analyst, reporting analyst, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of databases and SQL
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, disseminate, and visualize significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and planning skills, able to work with and manage multiple stakeholders, understand and refine business requirements
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Experience in programming languages such as R, Python, Scala (Preferred)
- Experience in business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Periscope, Amplitude (Preferred)
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.