Senior Software Engineer
Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
As a Senior Software Engineer (backend), you will work with a cross-functional team of engineers, product and design to create a world-class experience for our Flipp app users. You will own the full software life cycle to develop scalable, secure, robust and user-friendly solutions. You will provide technical leadership and guide the team in making technical decisions. In this role, you will play an integral part in guiding the design of large projects, providing mentorship for all developers, and contributing to large technical initiatives across the Engineering organization.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Designing software systems, web user experiences, and microservices to implement improvements and new capabilities for systems owned by the team; designing architectural improvements to an event-driven microservice architecture
- Researching and determining the proper technologies the team should use to solve problems and implement features; working with staff engineers to develop solutions to broader organization-wide design issues
- Mentoring other engineers on smaller design issues within the team; breaking down large features and projects into manageable units of work to distribute to the rest of the team
- Identifying and reducing technical debt by contributing solutions and building business value arguments
- Planning and estimating features the roadmap to determine the next sprint goals
- Writing and designing automated unit tests, and integration tests; developing test strategies for features and projects; developing and enhancing continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines for the team
- Performing code reviews and providing constructive feedback for other team members
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of back-end development or full-stack development experience
- 7+ years of experience with no-sql databases or other data storage mechanisms
- Proven experience using GoLang, AWS Technologies and Kafka
- Track record of delivering end to end solutions at scale with focus on quality and robustness
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity, equity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.