Flipp is a pre-IPO company on a mission to help shoppers provide for their families by making life more affordable by leveraging technology. We work with the largest retailers and manufacturers in the world to help them transform their businesses and connect them with millions of shoppers through our next-generation digital shopping marketplace. Our award-winning Flipp app is used by millions of shoppers every week to make better purchase decisions and to save 20-40% off their bills.
With the recent increase in costs of living, Flipp’s mission has never been more relevant. Flipp’s Shopper Consideration Platform allows retailers and manufacturers to create digital experiences from their savings & deals content. These experiences help Shoppers decide what to buy and where to buy it. Flipp then connects those retailer and manufacturer experiences to millions of shoppers through Flipp’s owned and operated channels.
As a Director, Engineering you will lead the Channel Engineering teams to deliver against product roadmap, engineering roadmap and technical innovation. You'll create long-term Engineering vision and strategy for the vertical while leading Engineering team leads, working alongside the Director of Product to understand the future business challenges of the area. You will also provide mentorship and coaching to drive engineering quality and excellence.
What you'll get the opportunity to do:
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for the Channel domain
- Drive team member growth and performance
- Communication of Engineering org-wide objectives to teams
- Lead biannual Engineering planning and goal setting for the vertical
- Build teams: responsible for partnering with Talent/People team to build high quality teams through recruitment of new team members and growth of existing team members
- Identify new engineering opportunities for the Channel domain
- Uphold high quality software standards
- Own engineering roadmap for Channel: Prioritize integration and adoption of core technologies by Engineering Platform team. Working with Team Leads and teams, build vertical-specific technical roadmap
- Partner with Product, Partner Technology, Sales, Operations, and other key functions for the vertical
- Drive cross-functional alignment for Engineering teams’ focus and priorities
- Own communication to cross-functional partners
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field
- 12+ years of Software Development experience
- 5+ years of Software Development management experience managing senior managers & managers, and staff/principal engineers
- Experience with adtech, real-time search bidding
- Advanced & proven skills in leading multiple teams with total team size of 40+
- Advanced skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving objectives and goals through the direct management of teams in multiple levels
- Advanced org planning, management, and change management skills across cross-functional groups and departments
- Ability to facilitate discussions and drive clarity for teams
- Ability to lead teams to drive innovation with ambiguity
- Experience working as partner with Director of Product (or similar level) to jointly set long-term roadmap for teams
- Broad knowledge and experience in software engineering org design, agile methodologies, and architectural principles
- Proven experience with web and mobile app technologies, and ad technologies
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the centre of all that we do. We have been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in working with us on the future of shopping, fill out the fields below and submit your application. While experience and skill sets are valuable, growth potential and attitudes are equally important. If you’re prepared to grow dramatically with your team at a world-class learning organization, consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Flipp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We are proud to be a welcoming space for employees, of every background, to bring their whole selves to work with confidence. Flipp is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to ensure our selection process is equitable, and such accommodations can be made available on request. If you require an accommodation, please contact your dedicated recruiter directly.