Cyber Security Manager
Who We Are
FlexPay is the first to market and global leader in failed payment recovery. Our outstanding success is built upon a solid foundation of exceptional culture, adherence to our values, and an innovative AI-driven approach to solving this trillion-dollar problem. Our leading Payment Authorization Management solution helps subscription businesses accelerate revenue and profit growth by recovering failed payments, which is the single largest cause of customer churn.
We’re a maturing, institution-backed Fintech SaaS, solving one of the biggest problems faced by merchants. The veteran management team of serial entrepreneurs is supported by a board filled with industry leaders. Our ambition is to redefine payments and in doing so become more than just the next great unicorn, but to become a key element of the infrastructure that makes our world’s economy hum.
We’re a dynamic, welcoming company that strives to hire the best and brightest people. If you are looking for a place to invest your passion, then keep reading!
What The Role Looks Like
As the Cyber Security Manager you will be responsible for establishing and implementing an enterprise-wide information security program to ensure data assets of the company and our clients are adequately protected from external and internal threats.
A day in the life of this position includes:
- Strategic planning, development and management of company-wide security strategy, policy, architecture, standards, programs, and processes.
- Building, leading, and managing a multidisciplinary team that encapsulates the entire internal and external security function.
- Working with the executive team and business stakeholders to implement practices that meet agreed-on policies and standards for information security.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring a comprehensive information security and IT risk management program.
- Developing and enhancing the information security management framework to reduce and mitigate organization risk in regular operations.
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with all security guidelines, procedures, standards, and controls documentation.
- Performing ongoing risk analysis, conducting vulnerability testing to identify weaknesses, proposing, and implementing solutions.
- Establishing and executing GDPR and PCI DSS controls.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation (i.e., Bill 64).
- Planning for disaster recovery, creating contingency plans in the event of a security breach.
- Providing direction, leadership, support and training to the information security team and other teams as required.
- Measuring and reporting on performance of security to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively advising executive team on potential security or compliance risks.
Who We’re Looking For
You thrive when given the autonomy to have a substantial impact on a company’s performance, in an environment of smart, driven, and competent colleagues. You have a strong understanding of compliance standards (GDPR, PCI DSS) combined with extensive experience in information security in a SaaS environment. As a member of the Technology team, you will look at the big picture from both business and technical perspectives to support our fast-growing scale and complexity.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, IT, or a related field.
- 6+ years of experience in information security, with roles encompassing direct responsibility for audit, compliance, risk management and other related functions.
- Professional security related certifications (CSM, CSS).
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of GDPR and PCI DSS.
- Experience in securing Cloud, SaaS, IoT/OT environments.
- Solid understanding of emerging technologies and the challenges of securing them.
- Experience developing incident response capabilities and integrating threat intelligence into security operations.
- Up to date knowledge of emerging security threats and developments, current membership to a security association preferred but not required.
- Experience working within the Cyber Security Maturity Model with an understanding of the requirements needed at each level.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
- Ability to work in a demanding, dynamic environment.
- A self-starter driven by success with attention to detail.
- An adaptive learner who always strives for challenges.
- Outside of the box thinking, someone who is not afraid to ask questions and look for new/different solutions.
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset.
What We Offer
We’re a quickly growing global company committed to building a team filled with diver cultures, viewpoints, and experiences. As they say, variety is the spice of life. No matter how large we become, we will always be connected through our shared sense of community and slightly quirky personalities.
Our vibrant culture is filled with talented, creative, deeply curious, high achievers. We believe in and invest in our people because we know they are the secret to our success. We are happy to extend the following benefits to our employees:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% remote work
- Flexible hours
- Comprehensive health benefits package effective from day one
- Support for continuous learning and development
FlexPay is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.