Manager, Financial Reporting
Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com.
Manager, Financial Reporting:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, the successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of all internal and external financial reporting including variance analysis, assisting with the month end financial close, preparation of monthly reporting package for the parent company, monthly department-wise cost reports, assisting with external and internal audits, coordinating with tax consultants and ad hoc projects as needed.
What you will be doing:
- Preparation of monthly internal reporting for senior management, and external reporting for parent company under IFRS / US GAAP accounting standards including preparation of monthly consolidated financial information.
- Preparation of financial statements including all disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting with month end financial close, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for key accounting areas.
- Preparation and management of monthly financial reporting package to be sent to parent company.
- Management of financial reporting of all subsidiaries including review of monthly financial statements, local statutory reporting, local financial statements, transfer pricing reporting and any complex accounting issues.
- Preparation and management of monthly department-wise cost reporting to be sent to senior management.
- Researching and providing detailed analysis on technical accounting matters with respect to complex accounting areas or new accounting standards of IFRS/US GAAP, if any and preparation of detailed accounting memos as needed.
- Maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting per requirements of SOX.
- Coordinating with internal audit and different internal departments to ensure compliance with internal controls/SOX.
- Managing deliverables and coordinate with external auditors for quarterly review engagements and annual audit.Ownership and maintenance of the Chart of Accounts.
- Coordinating and providing information to Tax consultants for filing of corporate tax returns.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc projects, as needed (i.e., Statistics Canada surveys, preparation of financial statements for various awards, assistance with shareholding records, etc.)
Why you would love to work here:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Our innovative culture promotes on-going learning opportunities with training and mentorship
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience plus benefits
- Comprehensive drug/medical/dental insurance, we pay your premiums!
- RRSP program with company match
- A new and vibrant office environment and remote working capability
- Extra-long weekends in the summer, paid volunteer day
What you should have:
- CPA designation is required.
- Minimum 4-5 years working experience in an accounting or financial reporting environment. Experience with Big 4 firm is an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IFRS accounting standards required. US GAAP knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Experience with working on internal controls and SOX environment is an asset.
- Sound judgment and decision-making.
- Passion for working in an exciting, high-growth and changing environment.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; planning and project management, and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be pro-active and have a positive attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to articulate quantitative and qualitative results.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) accounting software is an asset.
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.