Manager, Data Operations
Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com
Manager, Data Operations
The Manager, Data Operations is accountable for the development of technology and processes for Flexiti databases, data lake and data platform optimizations. This individual will lead a team of DataOps Engineers and DBAs, to ensure that our data platform and applications provide outstanding data availability and stability. The Manager, Data Operations will also contribute to Flexiti’s data architecture roadmap that integrates solutions across various platforms and build for big data and next generation data solutions
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for provisioning database administration and services to stakeholders including database design, database generation and level 3 production support
- Lead and work with a team of technical specialists on administration and operation of traditional and modern data technologies
- Provide support to the architecture, software and data engineering teams, as well as analytics teams to ensure delivery is timely and meets performance expectations
- Oversees/coordinates production data warehouse and data lake operations and change management related tasks including migrations and deployments for corporate and continuous improvement initiatives
- Implements database systems in the cloud and on-premises environments and coordinate upgrades and system improvements
- Team lead during database and data lake implementations for systems operation and maintenance.
- Own and maintain customized systems performance reporting on platform and application stability
- Collaborate with data practitioners who with others define, manage and support the entire data and analytics operations
- Actively gather statistics from production databases to increase efficiency and improve reliability.
- Accountable to troubleshoot and resolve database performance problems and other database-related issues lifecycle and effectively escalates and communicates status of issues and resolutions
- Responsible for capacity planning, archiving and recovery strategies for master data in collaboration with engineering and analytics teams.
- Participates in systems audit and compliance, security vulnerabilities assessments, and change management practices involving all aspects of databases and infrastructure
- Implement recurring processes to ensure data access and security are maintained and are in good standing.
What you should have:
- Minimum 7 years database administration, database architecture and systems development experience, with at least 4 years supporting relational databases and optimizing performance of large databases.
- 1-3 years' experience leading production implementation or support teams in a data management setting
- Experience testing and evaluating new data tools and technologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure, AWS and GCP) and related data technology offerings and integrations
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling for OLAP and OLTP
- Advanced knowledge of installation, upgrades, configuration management, evaluation, testing, maintenance, security, backup and recovery procedures for database management systems
- Proficiency with traditional and modern database technologies (MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Postgres, Databricks Delta Lake, etc), for both structured and unstructured data (SQL, NoSQL, Spark)
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Experience with Windows Server environments, powershell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Strong knowledge of SSAS, SSIS, SSRS as well as scala, spark and python experience
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills and ability to professionally interact with variety of stakeholders.
- Strong ability to plan work activities, manage competing priorities, identifying critical tasks, organize and prioritize work activities to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion.
- Fluent English level
Why you would love to work here:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Our innovative culture promotes on-going learning opportunities with training and mentorship
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience plus benefits
- Comprehensive drug/medical/dental insurance, we pay your premiums!
- RRSP program with company match
- A new and vibrant office environment and remote working capability
- Extra-long weekends in the summer, paid volunteer day
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.