Manager, Allowance Management
Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com
Manager, Allowance Management
Flexiti Financial is looking for a Manager, Allowance Management to join its Risk team. Reporting to the Director of Loss Forecasting, this person will be responsible for supporting Flexiti’s allowance processes and IFRS9 reporting. The incumbent will be responsible for updating the quarterly IFRS9 provision, as well as analyzing trends and developing key reporting. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for keeping up to date with industry best practices and applying them to model revisions, as necessary.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare quarterly update of IFRS9 provisioning model based on performance of portfolio and analysis of key trends and economic factors.
- Continually investigate ways to improve predictive nature and accuracy of provisioning models.
- Monitor and analyze delinquency, loss and recovery trends required to provide regular updates to senior management.
- Develop and manage a suite of regular reports to be shared at regular business reviews.
- Provide support throughout the model development lifecycle from point of concept, data analytics, design, signoff, presentation, and monitoring.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you should have:
- University Degree in a quantitative field, economics, business, engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience working with IFRS9.
- Familiarity with statistical/ predictive modeling techniques.
- Experience with development of IFRS9 models and their automation an asset.
- Strong proficiency with SQL language and Microsoft Office suite of products – particularly MS Excel.
- Proven ability to identify trends and underlying root causes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and deliver accurate, timely work.
- Ability to work independently under tight timeline while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Strong soft skills, including interpersonal and collaborative skills and ability to positively represent risk initiatives with all levels of management.
- Experience with BI tools an asset.
- Experience with retail financing an asset.
Why you would love to work here:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Our innovative culture promotes on-going learning opportunities with training and mentorship
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience plus benefits
- Comprehensive drug/medical/dental insurance, we pay your premiums!
- RRSP program with company match
- A new and vibrant office environment and remote working capability
- Extra-long weekends in the summer, paid volunteer day
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.