Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Flexiti is one of Canada’s fastest growing fintech lenders. We aim to make our customers’ lives more affordable and help our retail partners grow their sales by offering flexible financing options. Through our award-winning omni-channel platform, customers can be approved instantly to shop with their FlexitiCard®, which they can use online or in-store to make multiple purchases, within their credit limit, without needing to reapply.
At Flexiti, we work hard, we love what we do, and we have some fun along the way! If you are looking for an energizing and innovative work environment with great people and big ideas, we’d love to have you join us!
To learn more about Flexiti, please visit www.flexiti.com
The Manager, FP&A will play a leading role in forecasting, budgeting, and reporting to provide Flexiti with key metrics and analysis to achieve growth targets. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, will be hands-on and detail oriented, seek to understand the "bigger picture" and add strategic value. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a keen interest in being part of a high-growth, entrepreneurial company.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for corporate planning and forecasting models to support strategic planning, reporting and provision of advise and insight to the business leaders
- Support with building structure around budgeting process to drive P&L alignment and accountability with all functions.
- Analyze and investigate P&L performance and variances between plan/forecast and actual results
- Understand the operating and economic environment and take into account the business outlook
- Assist the Product Department in structuring and the economics of new products and merchant partnership relationships
- Provide decision support, financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-making around strategic business initiatives; act as a key finance business partner to leaders across the organization
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue, optimize margins, and reduce costs
- Communicate results to business leads and operational teams
- Develop and report metrics and KPIs to benchmark against company targets
- Oversee daily/weekly sales forecasting processes
- Support M&A or other corporate activities
- Prepare various ad hoc analysis and projects to assist with the management of the business.
Why you would love to work here:
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing company
- Our innovative culture promotes on-going learning opportunities with training and mentorship
- Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience plus benefits
- Comprehensive drug/medical/dental insurance, we pay your premiums!
- RRSP program with company match
- A new and vibrant office environment and remote working capability
- Extra-long weekends in the summer, paid volunteer day
What you should have:
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in financial services is considered an asset
- A professional designation (CPA, CMA, CFA) or MBA will be an asset
- Hands-on experience building complex models is a must have
- Excellent knowledge of financial analysis theories and practices
- Ability to handle ambiguity and complex work processes and thrive in a dynamic organization
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- A self-starter able to take on ownership and get work done effectively
- Ability to analyze data and make actionable recommendations with minimum direction
- Challenges the status quo through innovation of existing models and processes
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.