People Business Partner, Technology
People Business Partner, Technology
US/Canada - Remote
Who We Are
At Flashfood, we're dedicated to reducing food waste's environmental impact and increasing access to healthy, affordable food for communities across North America. Our diverse team is united in tackling this significant challenge, partnering with grocery chains to sell surplus food through our app at significant discounts, thereby reducing store-level food waste.
We take great pride in our achievements, recognized as one of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies for 2023, ranking #1 in the Social Good Category. We're also designated as a Great Place to Work, committed to fostering an inclusive culture where every individual is valued, respected, and empowered to thrive. With over 51% of our current team being women and over 47% female representation in leadership positions, we're excited to continue growing together.
Who You Are
We are looking for a passionate and practiced People & Culture professional who wants to help combat food waste and thrives on building meaningful and sustainable relationships with people. The People Business Partner will help deliver and implement People programs and services while keeping our people at the heart of everything we do. You will provide a full range of business partner support to our internal team through projects such as employee engagement & retention, manager and employee development and coaching, organizational development and effectiveness, change management, special projects, data analysis, compensation planning, and much more! We can only create a better company together by living our shared values, and preserving our unique culture as we continue to grow.
What You Will Do
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, regulations, and company policies, providing guidance to managers and employees as needed.
- Work with the Director of Talent Management to identify organizational training needs and develop and implement training courses that satisfy these needs
- Support the implementation of HR programs and initiatives, such as performance management, talent review, compensation planning, and succession planning.
- Build strong relationships and support our employees and managers at all levels of the company
- Design and implement initiatives to enhance employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention within the product and engineering functions.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leaders to identify training and development needs, and create programs that promote employee growth, technical skill enhancement, and career progression.
- Monitor employee performance and provide guidance to managers on performance management, including goal setting, performance feedback, and recognition.
- Owning the Awards application process (Great Places to Work)
- Support the organization’s performance management cycles
- Support our payroll team by keeping track of employee changes
- Maintain and optimize HRIS (data integrity, tracking, reporting)
- Help to build out our DEI program, and be a champion for our Advocates and Allies committee
What you bring to the team:
- 3+ years as a People Business Partner, or similar role experience in a fast-paced environment, with experience supporting product development and engineering functions.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and decision-making skills when faced with conflict situations or sensitive employee relations matters
- Ability to approach problems from a solution-oriented standpoint with tact and sensitivity
- Excellent relationship-building skills, passion for customer service
- Post-secondary education in HR or equivalent work experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent skills in G Suite and Slack
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an HRIS (Bamboo a plus!)
- Experience providing strategic and operational people partnership to product and engineering functions
- Competitive base salary
- Company Stock Options
- Company-wide performance bonus
- Casual and remote-friendly work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Extra long weekends April to September
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top Up Plan
- Professional development opportunities - $2,000/year
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Monthly Flashfood credits
Flashfood is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Please advise should you need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process. All your information will be treated confidentially.