Flare is a breakout cybersecurity Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company with a mission to empower organizations to take control of their data and protect their customers, employees and brand by shedding light on external threats. We enable cybersecurity teams to proactively detect high-risk external exposure across the dark and clear web, before threat actors have a chance to leverage it. We unify the core functionalities of cyber threat intelligence and external attack surface management into a single, intuitive platform.
TL;DR: We are a bunch of nerds who help protect our clients' data (and people in their network) by locating cyber risks.
Do you dream of talking to cybersecurity teams? Of course not. That would be weird. But if you love supporting sales teams in having technically complex conversations and closing deals, consider spending your waking hours as a Sales Engineer with us. We’re growing quickly and looking for you to join us on our mission!
Your purpose and impact:
- Partner with the sales team to articulate the value proposition of the Flare platform to our prospective customers
- Meet with prospects, understand their requirements, field technical questions, and demonstrate the capabilities of the platform
- Plan and manage product Proof of Concept efforts
- Develop sample use-cases and analytic demos
- Address critical analytical, technical, and operational issues
- Drive user adoption across a variety of use cases
- Build relationships with technical stakeholders in customer prospect organizations
- Run engaging, technical workshops where required
- Be the voice of technical sales in cross functional meetings to further develop our product suite
You’ll be a perfect fit if:
- You have relevant experience and a proven track record in a pre-sales role with a relevant cybersecurity vendor. This ain’t your first rodeo.
- You have cybersecurity, OSINT or threat intelligence experience, with a background in one of the following areas:
- SOC, SIEM, TIP or SOAR
- Vulnerability Management (VA/VM)
- Incident Response
- Red team
- Threat Hunting & Research
- Either product or operational security experience
- You are confident in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical folks from incident responders to C-level executives
- You have CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CISM or equivalent qualification (preferred but not required)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity in a startup environment. Building the plane as it’s flying.
- You lead with curiosity and empathy in all of your interactions. You give a hoot about your clients and colleagues (a lot of hoots, actually).
- You are not a lone star; you seek to collaborate with and learn from others.
- You thrive on feedback and are motivated to hone your craft. Radical candor is your jam.
- You have an entripreneurial instinct; you’re keen to roll up your sleeves and make improvements.
- You noticed the typo in the previous bullet and it bothered you.
What it’s like to be part of Flare:
- You will find a people-first company where work-life balance is valued. You’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure with uncapped sales commissions
- Stock options
- Health coverage/insurance
- Flexible, work from anywhere
- Unlimited vacation
- Fun, company events; like “Flamping, curling, rock climbing”
- You will join a high-growth, innovative start up where you’ll see your impact immediately and be empowered to take on challenges for your personal and professional growth
- You will work with an inspiring and award-winning team who are passionate about what they do and the clients we serve, whose work has been referenced in leading academic journals and international media
Does this sound like a role made for you? We’d love to hear from you.