Senior/Staff Data Engineer
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
The Cerebro team is responsible for providing customers with the best insights and reporting capabilities in the market.
The main focus for this role is to help us evolve our current architecture, and we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with experience in Analytics Engineering and Cloud Data Solutions.
If building systems that process and store large volumes of data it’s your cup of tea you have the profile we are looking for.
There are no boring days at Glia!
The team’s setup
Team Cerebro is a dynamic cross-functional team that brings together skilled Engineers, Product Managers and collaborates closely with Data Analysts to drive innovation and deliver high-impact solutions.
We have members in Tallinn and Tartu, Estonia, Poland, and Portugal, so our processes are optimized for remote collaboration.
We work in the Eastern European time zone (EET/EEST).
Our current tech stack
- Coding languages: Elixir, Ruby, SQL, Python
- Current Persistence Solutions: Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, Apache Druid, Snowflake, S3
- Monitoring: DataDog
- CI/CD: Jenkins
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- Other: AWS services, Kafka, DBT, Amazon Quicksight, GitHub
Note: We are constantly evolving our tech stack to ensure the usage of the right tools for specific needs, and you will be part of the process of choosing new technologies.
- 5+ years of experience managing data infrastructures / distributed systems
- Proven experience in architecting, designing, and building data models optimized for complex query patterns in a cloud-based environment.
- Solid track record optimizing and fine-tuning data models and queries to ensure optimal performance and responsiveness of the data warehouse, addressing both batch and real-time processing needs.
- Verified proficiency in developing and maintaining reliable, secure, and scalable data pipelines to ensure smooth and efficient data flow.
- Confirmed competence in collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Effectively communicates technical concepts and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Has participated in the evaluation and selection of new tools, technologies, and frameworks to enhance the capabilities of the data engineering ecosystem.
Nice to have
- Experience defining models and synthetic data for testing various load and adverse network condition scenarios
- Experience with one or more cloud data solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Databricks, Azure, Timestream, Druid, Timescale, etc.
- Experience with stream processing and queuing systems such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Quicksight, Looker, PowerBI, etc.
- Has mentored and guided junior members in the past and has played a key role in their development as professionals
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
The Glia Talent Acquisition team is using only glia.com mailboxes for coordinating interviews, providing updates and sending documents. Our hiring process involves an introduction, practical and team interviews, followed by a decision and offer. For more information, visit our Recruitment Privacy Notice page or contact our talent team via email@example.com
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs