Manager of Client Engineering
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Glia’s Manager of Client Engineering is responsible for leading a Client Engineering team located in Vancouver, Canada ensuring the seamless delivery of support services provided to our customers.
Client Engineering Manager plays a key role in ensuring a successful function of the Client Engineering team in the organization. CE Manager’s main focus is the development and maintenance of a team of high-performing Client Engineers that are engaged and meet or exceed performance expectations. CE Manager reports directly to the Director of Client Engineering and manages an in-office team in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
What you’ll do
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Recruit, train, and manage technical support engineers.
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and performance feedback to team members.
- Set clear goals and performance expectations for team members and foster a culture that supports Glia values.
- Work closely with the Global Director of Client Engineering and other post-Sales leaders to develop and execute customer support strategies aligned with company objectives.
- Establish and monitor KPIs to measure team performance and customer satisfaction.
- Analyze support workflows and processes to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Ensure efficient incident handling, escalation, and resolution procedures.
- Act as a customer advocate within the organization, providing feedback and insights to cross-functional teams for product and process improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies related to our products and services.
- Assist in complex technical issue resolution, provide guidance to the team and act as an escalation point of contact for technical issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Launch Management, Product Development, and Engineering to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Communicate effectively with external parties to address inquiries, provide solutions, and gather feedback.
- Prepare reports on team performance, customer feedback, and key support metrics as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of support processes, troubleshooting steps, and best practices.
Tech you will be working with
- Jira, QuickSight, Salesforce.
- Zoom for internal and external communications
- Web Technologies including REST APIs, WebRTC, Web Sockets
- Mobile technologies including Swift, Java, Kotlin
- Telephony and media streaming technologies
- 5+ years of experience in leading support teams focused on middle and enterprise-scale customers OR consulting experience at a top consultancy
- MBA preferred
- Clear communication both verbally and in writing
- Ability to thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Experience creating and maintaining customer-specific playbooks, SOPs (standard operating procedures) and operating manuals
- Experience hiring, onboarding, and growing a support team
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous experience with APIs, and the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- Must be located in (or being willing to relocate to) Vancouver, BC, and willing to work from the office.
- Willingness to adapt your schedule to meet with other CE teams.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Understanding of WebRTC and other web technologies.
- Interest in learning and supporting AI technologies.
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs