Data Scientist, Conversational AI
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
If you are a solid data scientist familiar with deep learning, large language models and NLP, this is the job for you. As a Data Scientist, you play an essential role to apply AI technologies to solve business problems. You are a decision maker on feature feasibility, priorities and design decisions, and will work to ensure key architectural and machine learning considerations are taken into account when designing state of the art capabilities in conversational AI.
With your technical data science background, you understand both the business and technical needs from different stakeholders. You work with architects, data scientists, developers, and product owners to ensure that business, quality, and functional goals are met with each release.
You will be joining Team NLU that mainly uses python, SQL, mxnet, pytorch and jenkins, along with other latest technologies to implement models that deliver Conversational AI technology to chat and voice interfaces.
Members of the team are located primarily in Vancouver and work in the Pacific Time zone (PT). Our processes are optimized for remote collaboration so we accept candidates from anywhere as long as there is some overlap with PT work hours.
- Masters degree or equivalent achievement in computer science, artificial intelligence or data science.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills to document and present your ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- As part of the Product organization, help transition the business requirements to technical requirements, including technical user cases, algorithms and data specifications
- Design and implement tools, systems and pipelines for different Phases of Data Science / Natural Language Understanding projects as required
- Develop tools for Gathering data from logs/transcripts/crowd sourced methods, Processing cleaning and preparing data
- Design, configure and develop machine learning algorithms for detecting patterns in user behavior
- Constantly research, learn and evaluate new AI technologies, and how to incorporate them to improve our product
- Experienced in common technologies used by data science team, such as Python and SQL, and experience with deep learning theory and application using pytorch, Tensorflow or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience using large language models (LLMs) such as BERT or GPT
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised deep learning systems/theories/frameworks.
- Willingness to work in the Pacific Time zone (PT)
- Bonus: Experience with virtual assistants or conversational AI
We are always curious and hungry for knowledge here at Glia. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements exactly, we encourage you to apply as long as you are passionate about mastering your craft and developing your skills.
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs