Entry-Level Software Engineer, Front-End Platform
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Our Engineering team moves fast and doesn’t break our highly available, multi-region, feature-robust, continuously-delivered, AWS-K8s-hosted, microservice-powered, mission-critical system. Your mission as part of the Engineering team will be to apply cutting edge technology, like Elixir and Kubernetes, to help some of the largest, most-respected companies in the world better connect with their customers.
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer working at our Front-End Platform team, you’ll be helping other teams to achieve their goals faster by providing an in-house design system, adoptable React based framework and tooling that supports Front-End Engineers throughout the development lifecycle.
You will have the benefit of close supervision and guidance of more experienced team members. Your primary focus is to learn and understand software development processes and familiarizing yourself with the tools and technologies we use while solving actual business problems with support from others. Curiosity and ability to learn fast independently is expected. Since you will be working on improving development experience and speed for others, you will at some point also need to work on technologies that are not associated with Front-End development. Examples being shell, groovy, kubernetes, docker, Ruby and configurations of different tools. The exact amount will depend on the needs of the product development teams.
For this particular role we are looking for entry-level software engineers.
- Experience in Front-End development using React
- Strong desire to learn, adapt, and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Ready for full-time employment
- Some hands-on experience, preferably on a production project
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail and quality
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities
- Self-starter with the energy, drive and determination to accomplish goals
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs