Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Team CompSec is our Cybersecurity and Compliance team, which a Security Engineer is a part of. Our team is responsible for the three pillars of security – confidentiality, integrity and availability.
There is a saying in Glia – Security is not just a feature, it’s an integral part of our service.
- You will play a very important role in looking after the vulnerability management process at Glia, resulting in an enhanced Information Security posture, greater Customer Trust and increased revenue for the company.
- You will be a member of the CompSec team by supporting ongoing information security activities, collaborating with teams across Glia to resolve security related questions, as well as spreading security awareness across Glia.
A day in the life of a Security Engineer at Glia is always different – you might be helping Compliance with preparations for our upcoming audits, collaborating with fellow Glianeers to solve complex security related questions or conducting ongoing monitoring, assessing and mitigation planning for any vulnerabilities.
Some examples of what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other teams on implementation of new security policies and procedures and make sure all requirements set by the Security Leadership are met
- Manage, validate and categorize incoming requests from our Bounty Program
- Perform regular vulnerability scans and security control reviews to ensure a continuously strong security posture
- Assist Compliance in ongoing compliance activities and monitoring efforts across different regulations (GDPR, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, CCPA, etc.).
Security Engineers report to the team's Engineering Manager and work closely with the Security Leader and Compliance to contribute to the teams’ Roadmap initiatives.
CompSec is a remote-first team, as we have team members in Estonia, Spain and Mexico.
Tech you will be working with
- OS: macOS
- MDM: Jamf, Scalefusion
- SSO: Okta
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Vulnerability Detection: Snyk, Sysdig, AlertLogic
- Communication: Zoom, Slack, Confluence, Jira
- Understanding of security aspects in cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience in scripting, preferably Python
- Familiarity with security concepts (encryption, authentication, etc.)
- Good understanding of network protocols and types of network-based attacks
- Experience with handling cyber security incidents
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Terraform, Kubernetes
- Previous experience working with with Information Security audits
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs
Something looks off?